Kettering Foundation - Chief Financial Officer
- Kettering Foundation
- Ohio, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- May 31, 2023
- Position Type
- Executive, Fundraising, Donor Relations, Programs, Government Relations and Advocacy
- Education, Other Fields, Research
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Kettering Foundation “KF” seeks a Chief Financial Officer, CFO, to join its leadership team. KF is passionate about spreading the fundamentals and ideals of democracy and fighting against the existential threat of authoritarianism globally.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will be instrumental as a both a thought and business partner reporting to the President and CEO and the Chair of the Board of Directors, Finance Committee. The CFO serves on the foundation’s leadership team with primary responsibilities for all aspects of the foundation's financial operations. As such, the CFO has oversight of all accounting and finance, staff and contractors. This position will oversee and manage foundation funds and foundation assets and will ensure compliance with established foundation policies and procedures. The CFO plays an active role in Board Finance Committee meetings and in all actions demonstrates good stewardship of foundation funds and nurtures internal and public trust as well as fosters a healthy internal understanding of the foundation’s financial resources across all programs and functions. The CFO will also be instrumental in building and developing an engaged team that they manage and, as a member of senior leadership, will be seen as a steward for the inclusive and innovative culture of the organization enterprise-wide.
The CFO will become a member of an experienced leadership team at a key inflection point for the organization as it pivots to an inclusive democracy model and seeks to raise its profile in the discussion concerning democracy and democratic institutions world-wide.
Applicants ideally will have a CPA or CMA certification and live locally, be able to commute, or willing to relocate to the Dayton, OH area. Candidates with diverse professional backgrounds will be considered, although ideal candidates will have demonstrated experience and success in many of the following areas:
- Developing and creating a welcoming environment for their immediate reports, as well as the larger organization.
- Establishing and maintaining internal controls, policies, system and data integrity for the foundation’s accounting and finance function. This includes but is not limited to: Payroll, Financial Reporting, Budgeting, Audit Processes, Benefits Administration, 403(b) Plan Administration, Insurance and Risk Management, and Reporting and Compliance.
- Ensuring disbursement of funds according to contractual agreements and other designated business purposes.
- Managing outside investment advisors by establishing successful relationships and ensuring investment recommendations comply with the policies adopted by the board.
- Monitoring advisor performance against established benchmarks.
- Reviewing advisor recommendations prior to Board Finance Committee meetings.
- Providing the Board Finance Committee with critical insights on all advisor investment recommendations.
- Identifying and recommending potential future investment advisors to the President and CEO and Board Finance Committee.
- Creative thinker interested in rolling up their shirt-sleeves to build an organization with an eye on the future.
The Kettering Foundation is being assisted in this process by Spencer Stuart and welcomes nominations or expressions of interest. If you wish to submit your application materials or nominate someone to serve as the next Chief Financial Officer, please send an email message with supporting materials to: KetteringCFO@SpencerStuart.com.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert