Position Summary: The Grants Manager supports
the sustainability and growth of Cardinal McCloskey Community
Services' programs for vulnerable children, families, and adults.
As a steward of the agency, the Grants Manager represents CMCS'
mission and programs internally and externally, and works closely
with staff across the agency. Reporting to the Vice President of
Policy and Planning, the Grants Manager holds overall
responsibility for the agency's grants portfolio, and creates,
plans and implements all funding requests to corporate and
Key responsibilities of the Grants Manager are as follows:
- Identification and pursuit of new and continued sources of
grant funding - foundations, corporations and public grants -
including ongoing prospects research and strategy development for
outreach and cultivation.
- Production of funding applications, including application
narratives, budgets and other materials as needed, developed in
coordination with program and finance divisions and other areas of
- Creation of annual targets for applications and projected
funding, with an overall strategy and plan for achievement,
developed in conjunction with the Philanthropy and Finance
- Maintenance of grants management tracking systems and files,
including grants calendar of proposal deadlines, submissions and
reports, and tracking of grants activity and results.
- Maintenance of relationship with funders, including management
of grants reporting and other requirements.
- Coordinating with finance and program staff to report on
spending in accordance with budgets submitted at the end of each
- Sustaining connection to and awareness of CMCS program
developments, new needs, annual goals and other organizational
developments, and aligning grants strategy with program and
organizational goals, and building relationships with key leaders
in the agency.
- Coordination with Philanthropy Team to align fundraising
approach and goals as appropriate, and to partner and assisting
with fundraising projects, marketing materials and special
- Collaboration with CMCS marketing team to publicize large grant
awards and appropriately acknowledge corporate and foundation
- Providing data and reporting needed for Executive Team, Board,
Finance and other meetings and audiences.
- Develop working relationships with Executive Team, Program,
Finance and other CMCS staff as needed to support successful
implementation of Grant Manager roles and responsibilities.
- Interact with funders, Board members, potential donors and
other community representatives.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills
through written documents and in-person presentations.
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding all donor records and
giving histories, prospect research and identification, Board
member information, client/consumer information and other
confidential agency information.
Essential skills, experience, licensure,
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field; Master's degree
- 5-7 years of experience in not-for-profit development work or a
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and oral communication
skills are required
- Attention to detail and high standards maintained in production
of formal documents, data and other grant materials.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- The ability to plan and prioritize effectively, manage multiple
project, and meet demands and deadlines.
CMCS offers an excellent, comprehensive benefits package
including medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, generous paid
time off, in-service training, flexible work schedules, and
competitive salaries. At CMCS, we believe in creating progressive
career paths for our staff and provide advanced training to promote
constant growth and change.
We encourage you to join our dedicated and diverse workforce by