Reporting to the Vice President for Advancement, Vocation, and
Alumni Engagement, the Director of Annual and Reunion Giving
provides managerial oversight for all Wheaton Fund and reunion gift
solicitation and stewardship efforts for the College, and
leadership of a management team that oversees channel strategy, the
student calling center, student philanthropy, leadership annual
giving, reunion giving, giving day programs, loyalty programs, and
events. The Director also provides budgetary management and
oversight for the department, gives quarterly reports to the Board
of Trustees, oversees donor relations activities, and manages the
Presidential Advisory Board of Visitors.
• Leads all annual fundraising efforts for unrestricted funds
from alumni, parents, and friends, planning the annual solicitation
calendar, designing the segmentation and channel strategy,
evaluating progress, and implementing new programs as
• Manages all facets of the Board of Visitors (BOV) program,
serving as the President’s first line of support and working
closely with the BOV Chairperson; executes research on all BOV
candidates; coordinates the selection and onboarding of new
members; manages all details of bi-annual meetings; ensures members
are recognized for their board service; ensures current/retired
members receive College communications throughout the year.
• Provides strategic leadership for the annual giving and events
teams, driving innovation, collaboration, and efficient execution
for all events and programs, including WheatonGives, Wheaton
Associates breakfasts, Scholarship programs, and Blanchard Society
• Reports on the College’s unrestricted fundraising efforts,
outcomes, and industry trends, and identifies required adjustments
to accomplish fundraising and participation goals.
• Manages donor care and recognition, including the annual
Advent Devotional mailing, serving as project manager, working
closely with the President, freelance writers, Marketing
Communications designers, and printers.
• Oversees the management of Wheaton’s Loyal Wheaties giving
society, and special communications for the Wheaton Associates
program, including the quarterly President’s Memorandums, Wheaton
Associate anniversaries, and special appeals.
• Collaborates with the major gifts team and Vice President and
oversees the Manager of Leadership Annual Giving to solicit
mid-level and major gifts to the Wheaton Fund.
• Supervises the Manager of Leadership Annual Giving to develop
a strong midlevel giving program and foster development of the
Wheaton Associates program.
• Supervises the Manager of Annual and Reunion Giving Programs
to develop and execute reunion gift strategy and cultivate the next
generation of annual fund donors through student philanthropy and
young alumni strategies.
• Supervises the Phonathon Manager, ensuring continued strategic
use of the phone channel to achieve donor acquisition, renewal, and
• Approves fundraising requests and external communications from
various departments across campus, ensuring they reflect Wheaton’s
commitment to fundraising excellence and do not conflict with the
efforts of Advancement, Vocation, and Alumni Engagement.
This job description is intended to represent key areas
of responsibilities; specific assignments may vary from time to
time, and other duties may be assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Demonstrated fundraising, project management, writing, data
analysis, and team leadership skills.
• Preference will be granted to those with experience in an
educational advancement organization.
• A proactive and collaborative disposition and capacity to work
across organizational boundaries.
• A call to advance God’s kingdom through financial generosity
and Wheaton’s mission.
The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear;
frequently required to use repetitive hand motion, handle or feel,
and to stand, walk, reach, bend or lift up to 10 pounds.
FLSA Status - Exempt