Assistant Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Pennsylvania, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Jun 1, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Annual Fund, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Fundraising Administration, Grant Seeking, Major Gifts, Programs, Community Outreach, Grant Administration, Grant Making, Administrative, Other Administrative
- Academic Centers, Advocacy, Community Foundations, Education, Health
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Assistant Director of Corporate and Foundation
At PCOM, we espouse to grow a culturally competent workforce to advance healthcare that touches the lives of underserved communities. Diversity and inclusion is the core component of our institutional identity and a key pillar of PCOM’s strategic vision. Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine affirms that diversity and inclusion are crucial to the intellectual vitality of the campus community. It is through freedom of exchange over different ideas and viewpoints in supportive environments that our graduates develop the critical thinking and citizenship skills that will benefit them throughout their lives.
Since 1899, PCOM has trained highly competent, caring physicians, health practitioners, and behavioral scientists who practice a “whole person” approach to care - treating people, not just symptoms. As the field of medicine has changed, we've changed with it - adapting our program offerings to better meet the needs of healthcare providers and the communities they serve. At the main campus in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PCOM), the branch campus in Suwanee, Georgia (PCOM Georgia), and our newest location in Moultrie, Georgia (PCOM South Georgia), PCOM students learn to approach problem-solving in a more professional, more team-oriented manner, which prepares them to work successfully in integrated healthcare settings with other health professionals. At Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine you will be part of a caring, professional, and committed community focused on making the PCOM experience the best possible for our students.
We are currently seeking to fill our Assistant Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations position at the Philadelphia campus with a highly qualified and passionate individual.
PHILADELPHIA COLLEGE OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE JOB
JOB TITLE: Assistant Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Senior Director of Development
DEPARTMENT: Institutional Advancement
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Assistant Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations
(ADCFR) is responsible for supporting the funding priorities of
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM) through the
creative engagement of foundations and corporations. This
position will set the strategic direction for, and then execute, an
annual plan to achieve unit goals and contribute to overall
fundraising goals. The ADCFR shall also be actively engaged
in identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding a portfolio
of CFR prospective funders in order to achieve their individual
portfolio metrics. The ADCFR is responsible for the creation
and implementation of solicitation strategies, ensuring compliance
with foundations guidelines, including required reporting
procedures and financial monitoring of grants.
The ADCFR supervises the Sponsorship Officer position(s) and reports to the Senior Director of Development. They work independently and also as members of the Institutional Advancement (IA) team. They collaborate their activities with those of other units in Institutional Advancement and with other units at PCOM. This position can be based in a remote setting with limited travel to any of the three PCOM campuses.
- Interface, communicate, and collaborate regularly with campus colleagues, in various departments and programs across all three campuses, to learn about their work to uncover opportunities for growth.
- Partner with principal investigators and faculty to craft compelling submissions for solicitations and provide support for the full spectrum of the proposal development process, from letter of inquiry through submission.
- Assume and achieve annual fundraising and activity goals as specified in the performance expectations document.
- Work collaboratively with other Institutional Advancement areas, including the Director of Alumni Engagement, the Director of Advancement Services, the Director of Annual Giving and their teams.
- Interface regularly with staff at PCOM’s healthcare centers and clinical sites to maximize grant opportunities.
- Attend and assist with Institutional Advancement events and
activities as needed.
Maintain current and relevant knowledge of new initiatives, best practices, and innovative opportunities in corporate and foundation relations.
* Other duties as assigned and/or
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in English, communication or related field
required. Preference of 5-7 years of experience in non-profit
advancement, preferably within higher education. Five (5) years
proposal writing experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Possess essential knowledge of grant application process with ability to research grant opportunities with appropriate funding sources.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated in initiating contacts with potential donors.
- Broad knowledge of the principles of fundraising and an ability to participate in all aspects of the grant cycle.
- Strong research skills and organizational skills with excellent
attention to detail.
- Outstanding verbal, written, communication, listening, and organizational skills.
- Competence with various computer and software programs with the
ability to effectively utilize technology including, but not
limited to, Salesforce, Blackboard, and Banner 10.
- Ability to work some weekends and evenings.
A driver’s license is required.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work
Limited physical effort required.
No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
PCOM is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration. We adhere to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert