- Rising Ground
- New York, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Closing date
- Jun 3, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Public Relations and Communications
- Social Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Rising Ground seeks a qualified professional to join our team at our Brooklyn, NY location (position is at Rising Ground's downtown Brooklyn headquarters, and remote work two days a week is possible).
The Communications Manager is responsible for setting the direction of a wide range of communications efforts, researching and creating copy and collateral materials essential to the success and growth of the organization. The position reports to the Administrative headquarters in Downtown Brooklyn and is remote two days a week. Rising Ground provides health and retirement benefits as well as education support.
Rising Ground, a leading nonprofit human services organization, provides children, adults, and families in greater New York City with the resources and skills to help them rise above adversity and positively direct their lives. Founded as an orphanage in 1831, Rising Ground has been at the forefront of evolving community needs. We are a leader in utilizing result-driven, evidence-based practices. Today, our work is a positive force in the lives of more than 25,000 individuals annually. Rising Ground presently has 1,800 staff, each one we work with as individuals whose career future we want to be a part of but help grow.
At Rising Ground, we encourage everyone to live a healthier life. When you enroll in health care benefits — medical, dental, and vision care, you and your family can take advantage of each plan’s preventive services, which will help everyone to stay well. Another way to remain healthy is to eat right and keep active. Ultimately, we all benefit when we make the right choices, whether through diet and exercise or health care services. You can also take advantage of other important benefits, including life and accident, disability benefits, the retirement savings plan, and the employee assistance program.
- Develop written communications to agency donors, supporters, and friends, including newsletters, e-newsletters, annual reports, and brochures, and assist programs in their outreach and communications efforts.
- Coordinate publication with external graphic designers, printers, and other associated consultants/vendors.
- Manage relationships with Public Relations and Graphic Design firms. These independent contractors manage press and media and produce publications and collateral.
- Create and manage social media outlets, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
- Manage all content and work with an external consultant on all aspects of org.
- Maintain a catalog of all projects created by the IA Department. The catalog can be digital or in hard copy form.
- Other duties as assigned
- Exemplary written communication skills, including conceptualizing narrative, composing inviting and readily compressible persuasive and informative content, and adapting styles for different audiences.
- Working knowledge of design software and ability to create persuasive and informative collateral.
- Create and maintain the Rising Ground brand across the organization.
- Have the expertise and ability to take a leadership role on projects and execute sound judgment.
- Ability to edit one's own work and the work of others.
- Self-starter, self-motivated, and able to work independently.
- Flexible, organized, and detail-oriented, able to handle multiple assignments, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Bachelor's degree is preferred with ideally a minimum of two years of experience handling all aspects of communications with a medium or large non-profit or company.
Must have excellent administrative and time management skills — ideally have a working knowledge of Raiser's Edge and proficiency in Microsoft Office. The ability to work as a team is an absolute must.
35-hour week with nights and weekends as needed. The position includes two remote days a week.
Occasional travel throughout New York City and Westchester may be necessary.
Annual Salary: 75,000 per year and competitive benefits package.
Apply online at:
Careers at Leake & Watts | Leake & Watts | Communications Manager in Brooklyn, New York | Careers at Brooklyn Main (icims.com)
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert