Senior Major Gifts Officer for One Mind
- One Mind
- California, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Jun 6, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Fundraising Administration, Major Gifts, Other Fundraising
- Advocacy, Health, Other Fields
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Job Description: Senior Major Gifts Officer for One Mind
One Mind seeks a seasoned Senior Major Gift Officer to join our high performance team in achieving our fundraising objectives. Over the past four years we have been carrying out a successful Major Gift Program that has resulted in tripling the number of major gifts ($100K+) and doubling our annual budget. Reporting to the Senior Director of Development, the Senior Major Gift Officer will be responsible for deepening relationships with existing donors and identifying new prospective major gift donors, with an emphasis on the San Francisco Bay Area. We have an extensive list of existing donors and prospects for the candidate to focus on.
This new position will work closely with the Senior Director of Development to carry out One Mind’s effective Major Gift Program, as well as refining their own solicitation and stewardship strategies. The Senior Major Gift Officer will target gifts of $100,000 and above.
This individual will also work collaboratively with One Mind’s board members and staff leaders to coordinate and execute long-term fundraising initiatives. Our ideal candidate will have a master’s degree and at least seven years of major gift fundraising experience, preferably in the mental health, academic or education fields.Responsibilities—duties will include but are not limited to:
- Executing the Major Gifts Program with the Senior Director of Development
- Refining the Major Gifts Program with your own donor solicitation and stewardship strategies for major gift prospects, primarily in the San Francisco Bay Area, and also nationally.
- Nurturing relationships with existing donors and One Mind’s Board of Directors.
- Drafting major gift proposals.
- Researching major gift donor prospects.
- Working collaboratively with the board and staff.
- 7-10 years of fundraising experience, including at least 5 years of experience securing major gifts of at least $100K from private individuals, foundations, and corporate prospects.
- Strong preference is given to candidates who can demonstrate a consistent track record of personally securing six-figure gifts annually.
- 5 years of experience with major gift proposal writing.
- Skills required:
- Outstanding relationship building and collaboration through open, honest, and transparent communication.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to naturally build a personal connection with prospects, while matching a prospect’s personal vision with One Mind’s vision, mission, and programs.
- Detail-oriented, organized and results-driven.
*Unique understanding of the mental health field is preferred. If possible, address this specifically in your cover letter.
Master’s degree is preferred.
Must reside in the San Francisco/Bay Area of California for fundraising purposes. The position is remote with occasional on site meetings required.
Reliable transportation will be needed to execute duties of this position (donor meetings, etc.).
Salary is dependent on experience, qualifications, and credentials. A generous annual bonus will be allocated if fundraising goals are met. Full benefits package provided.
- Unlimited PTO and 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid sick leave and parental leave
- Excellent health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with matching contribution
Twenty-nine years of world-leading discoveries by One Mind’s funded scientists have yielded fertile opportunities to change the lives of people who struggle with brain health. One Mind is accelerating our research agenda and programs to make those advances available to everyone.
About One Mind
One Mind catalyzes visionary change through science, business and media to transform the world’s mental health. Influenced by their son Brandon’s schizophrenia diagnosis, Shari and Garen Staglin launched One Mind in 1995 to bridge the gaps that they saw in mental health research funding and patient support. Since then, One Mind has become the leading brain health nonprofit committed to healing the lives of people impacted by brain illness and injury through global, collaborative action. Supported by a growing staff, active Board of 16 dedicated members and a 10-person Scientific Advisory Board of the world’s top neuroscientists, One Mind has set the ambitious vision of accelerating brain health for all.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Company values are important at One Mind, and are only made better by gathering the experiences, knowledge, and perspectives of people from all backgrounds. We celebrate differences in age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, physical and mental ability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family and marital status, and all the various backgrounds that help shape us all. One Mind encourages all qualified individuals from all walks of life to apply for this position.
Please send the following as one PDF to Tal Gerzon, Senior Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover letter with salary requirements
- Confidential list of annual gifts secured
- Writing sample of your best proposal that secured a major gift
Apply for Senior Major Gifts Officer for One Mind
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert