Investor & Community Relations Associate
- Self Help Federal Credit Union
- Illinois, United States
- Competitive Salary
- Closing date
- Jun 7, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Grant Seeking, Major Gifts, Prospect Research, Programs, Community Outreach, Grant Administration, Grant Making, Administrative, Other Administrative
- Community Development, Community Foundations, Philanthropic Advisors, Research
- Employment Type
- Full Time
WHO We Are:
Self-Help started in 1980 with a focus on economic inequality especially in communities that have faced systemic barriers in building wealth. At the core of what Self-Help does is a drive to create and protect ownership and economic opportunity. In other words, we’re committed to economic justice! Economic Justice means that all communities have the basic infrastructure they need to thrive, from high quality schools to grocery stores selling fresh foods resources that support opportunity at a neighborhood level regardless of demographics, income or wealth.
Since our founding, we’ve constantly sought to find new ways to pursue greater economic justice: from providing fair and affordable loans, to working with partners to demand that lawmakers change unjust policies.
We are seeking an Investor and Community Relations Associate to join our Chicago team!
WHAT You’ll Do:
DEPOSIT RAISING AND MEMBER ENGAGEMENT
- Support deposit raising cultivation, retention, and stewardship activity for local and regional impact with mission investors.
- Help prepare proposals and reports for prospective and current depositors and investors.
- Maintain fundraising management records and CRM system, to capture follow-up actions on prospective investors and track progress toward deposit-raising goals.
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT, OUTREACH & PARTNERSHIPS
- Support the Midwest’s leadership in the execution of engagement, outreach and partnership strategies and activities (including workshops, webinars, and special events, etc.)
- Support the management of Self-Help’s community facilities.
- Support Self-Help’s local and regional policy and advocacy work
WHAT You’ll Need:
- 4-Year College Degree
- 2-4 years in a financial institution is preferred. Experience in a Community Financial Development Institution (CDFI) bank, credit union, or loan fund; Social/Economic/Racial Justice Nonprofit; or SRI/ESG related sector is highly desirable
- 2-3 years of fundraising experience preferred; grant writing or major gifts experience is a plus!
- Bilingual in Spanish and/or French is highly desirable
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends
- Ability to travel locally and regionally to support the communities we serve
If you are interested in who we are and what we do; have a strong desire to work in an organization that places a high priority on teamwork and collaboration; and are interested in working to help create economic opportunity for all – THIS is the place for you!
Self-Help is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons, regardless of race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression (including transgender status), age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, class or family status.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert