Associate Director, Alumni Engagement
- The University of Chicago Booth School of Business
- Illinois, United States
- Competitive Salary
- Closing date
- Jun 8, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Alumni Affairs, Direct Marketing, Membership, Special Events
- Employment Type
- Full Time
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Associate Director, Alumni Engagement is a key member of the Alumni Engagement Team and Office of Advancement. The Associate Director is responsible for developing identity-based alumni engagement strategy and supporting multiple identity-based alumni communities. This position provides oversight and support to multiple alumni groups and identifies opportunities to expand the breadth and depth of alumni engagement. This role will also increase pipeline development, alumni career connections, global alignment, and affinity connections, working towards increasing the percent of alumni engaged and other key metrics. The Associate Director collaborates with team members and other departments to build relationships with alumni, students, and staff.
This position is based in Chicago, requires occasional non-traditional work hours, and up to 20% travel.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for developing, directing, and evaluating the vision for identity-based alumni engagement worldwide.
- Engage in relationship and volunteer management activities, identifying interests, cultivating engagement, and connecting alumni to Chicago Booth. Manage a portfolio of high profile/high-level alumni volunteers.
- Plan, organize, and engage alumni based communities and activities around the world.
- Coordinate, develop, and plan events and programs in partnership with volunteer organizations.
- Lead and assist with the research and development of new programs, events, and initiatives to increase alumni engagement.
- Coordinate communication to alumni including collaboration with the Dean’s Office, Advancement Communications, Booth Marketing, and University Alumni Relations.
- Partner across the organization within Booth Advancement, across Chicago Booth, with University Alumni Relations & Development, and other offices within the University.
- Input and assess metrics and progress towards goals.
- Manage affinity based budgets.
- Contribute to the general advancement of alumni engagement at Chicago Booth.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in alumni relations, development, staffing volunteer organization, or corporate sales or marketing required.
- Volunteer management experience required.
- Understanding of and commitment to diversity and inclusion principles required.
- Experience working in a campaign preferred.
- Working with global populations preferred.
- Proven ability to develop strong working relationships across the organization required.
- Experience working with both internal and external partners required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, highly collaborative environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal, presentation, and communications skills required, characterized by the ability to listen, to speak, and to write well, with a strong commitment to customer service.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills required.
- Ability to self-motivate and work well with and through others required.
- Ability to manage confidential information with discretion and tact required.
- Willingness and ability to attend events outside of business hours required.
- Travel required.
- Resume and CV required.
- Other duties as assigned.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information, please see the University’s Notice of Nondiscrimination. Academic job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5671 or email ACOppAdministrator@uchicago.edu with their request. Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-834-1841 or email email@example.com with their request.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert