Executive Director, Western Region
- American Friends of the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra
- California, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Jun 8, 2023
- Position Type
- Executive, Fundraising, Annual Fund, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Donor Relations, Grant Seeking, Major Gifts, Prospect Research, Special Events
- Employment Type
- Full Time
American Friends of the Israel Philharmonic (AFIPO) is a fundraising arm of Israel’s most celebrated orchestra and cultural ambassador. AFIPO raises funds for the Orchestra’s operating budget, educational and outreach programs, international touring, capital expenditures, and special projects. Special events, major gifts, annual campaigns, grant solicitation, and planned giving are all part of the fundraising mix.
The Executive Director, Western Region, works closely with the Chief Executive Officer (who is based in NYC) and (national) Board to devise and implement fundraising strategies and to actively solicit major gifts for an organization in growth mode. Currently, AFIPO has a presence on the West Coast in the Bay Area, Los Angeles, Orange County, and San Diego with opportunities to cultivate further support in Palm Springs, CA and Arizona. As Executive Director, Western Region, you would be responsible for maintaining and growing our efforts in the all those communities and more. Travel is a key part of the position both within California and elsewhere.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Strategizing AFIPO’s fund and friend raising activities on the West Coast, including artistic programming and lay-leader engagement / activation
- Implementing fund raising strategies for cultivation and solicitation, as a Major Gifts Officer
- Hands-on oversight of prospect identification, donor cultivation and recognition, foundation and corporation research and grant writing/solicitation and event planning
- Identification and recruitment of new prospective members to the national Board of Directors
- Coordinate a young leadership program
- Knowledge of the regional philanthropic community, with strong focus on Los Angeles
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including public speaking
- Appreciation of music and passion for the State of Israel
- A bachelor's degree is required but a graduate degree is preferred
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and experience using Raiser’s Edge
- Flexibility to travel as necessary
- Seasoned hands-on development professional with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Team builder with a passion for people and external engagement
- Ability to plan, organize and implement a variety of projects, sometimes simultaneously and under deadline pressure, while maintaining the integrity and quality of each project
Salary commensurate with experience, plus benefits.
To express interest in this position please email a CV and cover letter.
Apply for Executive Director, Western Region
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert