Chief Development Officer
- Target ALS Foundation, Inc.
- New York, United States
- Competitive Salary
- Closing date
- Jun 8, 2023
- Position Type
- Executive, Fundraising, Capital Campaigns, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Grant Seeking
- Health, Research
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Chief Development Officer
Target ALS is a 501(c)(3) public non-profit whose mission is to accelerate ALS research into successful clinical trials. Since 2013, the foundation has built an innovative ecosystem for biomedical research that has catalyzed ALS drug discovery through collaborations.
Target ALS is now going through a period of exponential growth with over $200M already raised as part of a $250M capital campaign, building on its successful model that will ensure that it plays a major role in the achievement of its goal, a world where everyone with ALS lives.
We seek a dynamic individual with a thoughtful approach for the position of Chief Development Officer (CDO). Reporting to the CEO, this position will work with stakeholders within and outside the organization, including the Board of Directors. The CDO will lead and implement the foundation’s fundraising, communications and marketing strategy. The successful candidate will provide strategic direction to and tactical oversight of a team of direct reports comprised of full-time staff and contractors.
This position will be part of the three-person leadership team and will play a major role in broadening the fundraising base and raising the profile with the public and other key constituencies of the foundation to help realize the foundation’s mission.
The CDO will function as the foundation’s primary relationship manager for donors, the press, and advisors focused on marketing and communications for all non-research or clinic-based activities. The mandate will include, but not be limited to:
- Implementation of an advancement plan to generate financial gifts from individuals, corporations, and foundations, including annual gifts, planned gifts, capital campaigns, and other philanthropic or in-kind gifts
- Cultivation, solicitation, and stewarding of current and potential donors capable of major gifts
- Engagement of the CEO, Board, and other stakeholders to ensure effective participation in fundraising
- Coordinating the writing and planning of grant proposals to corporations and foundations
- Develop and oversee a communication and marketing plan to raise the public profile of the foundation to meet fundraising targets, research program goals and help increase government funding for ALS research.
- Developing an effective public relations program
The successful candidate will possess 10+ years of professional experience with a track record of securing annual cumulative gifts of $10,000,000+; cumulative dollars raised of $50 million+; and a demonstrated track record of cultivating and advancing relationships with principal benefactors as demonstrated by securing repeat secure six-, seven-, and eight-figure philanthropic support principal gifts.
The candidate will have also demonstrated a successful record of leading communications initiatives to advance fundraising goals as well as raising the public profile of the organization with key constituents.
A strong preference will be given to experience in biomedical research organizations.
A Bachelor's degree is required.
A cover letter and resume are required. Please submit a cover letter and resume to Kenneth Devaney. Email: email@example.com
Apply for Chief Development Officer
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert