Senior Advisor, Gift Planning
- Northwell Health Foundation
- New York, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Jun 9, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Planned Giving
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Senior Advisor, Gift Planning Northwell Health Foundation
An Executive Search by The Angeletti Group, LLC
THE ANGELETTI GROUP
Northwell Health Foundation seeks an experienced, enthusiastic and articulate frontline fundraiser to develop and execute strategic cultivation and fundraising activities for a comprehensive Gift Planning program.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Gift Planning, the Senior Advisor, Gift Planning will interact daily with donor and donor prospects with a primary focus on the cultivation of relationships to establish new funds and/or planned gifts that meet each donor’s philanthropic goals.
ABOUT NORTHWELL HEALTH
NORTHWELL HEALTH Northwell Health is New York State’s largest health care provider and private employer, with 22 hospitals and more than 830 outpatient facilities and nearly 16,000 affiliated physicians. Northwell Health cares for over two million people annually in the New York metro area and beyond, thanks to philanthropic support from its communities.
Northwell’s more than 78,000 employees are working to change health care for the better:
- Making breakthroughs in medicine at the Feinstein Institute for Medical Research.
- Training the next generation of medical professionals at the visionary Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell and the Hofstra Northwell School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies.
Northwell Health strives to improve the health of the communities it serves and is committed
to providing the highest quality clinical care; educating the current and future generations of health care professionals; searching for new advances in medicine through the conduct of bio-medical research; promoting health education; and caring for the entire community regardless of the ability to pay.
VALUES & COMMITMENTS:
THE NORTHWELL HEALTH FOUNDATION is an official 501(c)(3) and the fundraising arm for Northwell Health. The Foundation is in an exciting phase of growth, adding a cohort of new professionals to the team to support initiatives that will enhance and sustain Northwell Health for generations to come.
Innovation fuels advancement in health care, and at Northwell, philanthropy fuels innovation. Every gift to Northwell Health fuels the team’s ambition to fearlessly disrupt the expected standards. Across Northwell, employees believe in the power and potential impact of taking on challenges and going where others won’t or can’t.
The Foundation is committed to and supported by the communities it serves through the cultivation and stewardship of donors, fundraising programs such as estate/planned giving, annual giving and signature events such as the Northwell Health Walks, Feinstein Institute Summer Concert, the Katz Institute for Women’s Health Fall Luncheon and Fashion Show and the Northwell Health Constellation Gala.
- Manages planned gift prospects, from identification and cultivation to gift fulfillment and stewardship, to best meet individuals’ charitable giving goals.
- Collaborates with appropriate foundation staff on planning, implementing, and evaluating the foundation’s outreach strategies.
- Creates and maintains relationships with qualified, active prospects through professional advisors and prospective donor relationships to provide service throughout the various philanthropic phases to closure.
- Provides information regarding current and planned gifts; facilitates and prepares individually tailored proposals.
- Responds to and tracks gift planning inquiries, administering estates, bequests and life income gifts, and preparing reports as needed.
- Ensures that planned giving policies and marketing materials are relevant and legally compliant.
- Oversees planned gift administration and collaborates with the leadership to ensure timely and accurate receipt of complex estate gifts.
- Develops a plan for outreach and education; prepares and leads presentations and trainings.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities notedhere are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree required, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 10+ years of relevant experience and 2+ years of leadership / management experience, required.
- Preference for those who have worked at large health care or educational institutions.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To be considered, candidates should submit a resume and cover letter including a statement of interest to email@example.com.
Please indicate the position to which you are applying in your cover letter and email subject line.
Nominations and confidential inquiries made to:
The Angeletti Group
365 South Street – Suite 100 Morristown, NJ 07960
(973) 540-1400 firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary commensurate with experience.
Northwell Health Foundation is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
Apply for Senior Advisor, Gift Planning
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert