Major Gifts Officer
- RWJBarnabas Health
- New Jersey, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Jun 10, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Major Gifts
- Employment Type
- Full Time
RWJBarnabas Health (RWJBH) seeks an experienced fundraiser to
serve as a Major Gift Officer. This
person will support a comprehensive and coordinated fundraising programs at two Essex County affiliate hospitals - Newark Beth Israel Medical Center and Clara Maass Medical Center.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President for Development and Strategic Initiatives at RWJBH and working closely with the respective Vice Presidents for Development at each of the hospitals, the Major Gift Officer will manage a donor portfolio and be responsible for developing and implementing a program that focuses on donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship,
and LYBUNTs. This position will be supported by the Corporate research, database, and annual giving teams.
The successful candidate will be a development professional with healthcare experience who thrives in a team environment with a collaborative approach to philanthropy.
MAJOR GIFT OFFICER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Report to the Senior Vice President for Development and Strategic Initiatives and work closely with the two affiliate Vice Presidents for Development and their respective teams.
- Work with colleagues at Corporate, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center, and Clara Maass Medical Center to strategize, identify, cultivate, and solicit annual donors and major gift prospects.
- Determine when potential donors should be introduced and reassigned to the affiliate Vice President of Development.
- Attend cultivation and fundraising events when appropriate for donor engagement.
- Maintain an appropriately sized portfolio of donor prospects; manage and track portfolio metrics including solicitations, face-to-face meetings and telephone calls.
- Write donor proposals and stewardship reports.
- Attend regular staff meetings at both affiliates.
- Initiate ongoing research to identify potential donors and implement strategies to secure new gifts and to renew and increase current gifts.
ABOUT NEWARK BETH ISRAEL MEDICAL CENTER
Newark Beth Israel Medical Center is a 665-bed quaternary care,
teaching hospital staffed with more than 800 physicians, 3200
employees, and 150 volunteers. Newark Beth Israel is home to one of
the nation’s 10 largest heart transplant centers, RWJBarnabas
Health’s Heart Failure Treatment and Transplant Program; New
Jersey’s only Advanced Lung Disease and Transplant Program; and a
Valve Center that performs more
cardiac valve procedures, including minimally invasive transcatheter aortic valve replacements (TAVRs), than any other center in the state. The medical center is home to the most comprehensive robotic surgery center in the state, and was the first hospital in NJ to establish an accredited sleep disorders center.
Newark Beth Israel Medical Center is embarking on an ambitious $150 million renovation project that will literally change the face of the medical center and the Lyons Avenue landscape. The highlight of the project will be the hospital’s new main lobby, an estimated 17,000-square-foot, glass-enclosed space with modern seating areas, community meeting spaces, an expansive registration area and cafés. The project will also expand the emergency department by approximately 4,000 square feet, including nine new treatment areas in the adult ED, three new pediatric treatment areas and one new fast-track treatment area. In addition, as home to one of the nation’s top 10 heart transplant centers, the renovation project will place all cardiac care services under one roof in a center that is easily accessible to patients and will include new patient consult rooms, exam rooms, cardiac catheterization suites with the latest advanced medical imaging devices, and a hybrid operating room. The renovation will also encompass the maternity unit and intensive care units.
ABOUT CLARA MAASS MEDICAL CENTER
Clara Maass Medical Center is a 472 bed acute care medical center serving Essex, Hudson, Passaic and Bergen counties. The Medical Center is one of the area’s most-trusted resources for specialty services such as orthopedics, neurosurgery (including brain and spine), oncology, bariatrics and women’s health, and offers superior care in behavioral health, including electroconvulsive therapy, obstetrics, gynecology and labor and delivery, and robotic surgery. The Medical Center leads the state in offering advanced treatment in ophthalmology. Clara Maass Medical Center’s cardiac services program offers advanced catheterization procedures including emergent and elective angioplasty through the wrist to reduce recovery time, and is nationally recognized for acute coronary syndrome, heart failure and cardiac rehabilitation. The Medical Center is designated as a Primary Stroke Center by the New Jersey Department of Health.
Committed to the health and wellness of its community, the
Center of Excellence for Latino Health at Clara Maass Medical
Center was established in 2016 to address the social determinants
of health within the local Hispanic community. The campus expansion
project, which concluded in 2017, included construction of a four
story 87,000 square foot building featuring a 32 bed Intensive Care
Unit and two levels of medical office building space. Since 2018,
the Medical Center has unveiled four state of the art operating
rooms, a post anesthesia care unit, and a 23 bed observation
for adult patients. The Emergency Department was redesigned in 2019 to provide separate waiting areas for pediatric patients and the general population. A 13 bed Pediatric Treat and Release Unit and Observation Unit and Behavioral Health Unit opened in 2019 to treat patients under evaluation by the Psychiatric Emergency Screening Services team.
ABOUT RWJBARNABAS HEALTH: RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey and the state’s second largest private employer with more than 32,000 employees, 9,000 physicians and 1,000 residents and interns. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals, three acute care children s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Childrens Specialized Hospital).
- Bachelor’s Degree required and at least five years progressive development experience
- Knowledge of Blackbaud and NXT software a plus
- Proven track record in soliciting and securing major gifts
- Outstanding writing, communication and interpersonal skills including presentations to large and small groups
- Ability to manage and motivate staff
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Strategic thinker with ability to cultivate and secure major gifts
- Poise, sophistication and discretion to work closely with key institutional leadership, Trustees, Physicians and individuals
- Tact, sensitivity, mature judgment and ability to work successfully in a complex institutional environment
Applications will be accepted until the
position is filled. To be considered, candidates should submit a resume and cover letter including a statement of interest to search@ theangelettigroup.com. Please indicate the position to which you are applying in your cover letter and email subject line.
Nominations and confidential inquiries made to: The Angeletti
365 South Street – Suite 100
Morristown, NJ 07960 (973) 540-1400 email@example.com
Apply for Major Gifts Officer
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert