Founded in 1988 by Paul Newman, The
Hole in the Wall Gang Camp provides “a different kind of healing”
to more than 20,000 seriously ill children and family members
annually - all completely free of charge. For many of these
children and families, Hole in the Wall provides multiple Camp
experiences throughout the year at the facility in Ashford, Conn.,
in more than 40 hospitals and clinics, directly in camper homes and
communities, and through other outreach activities across the
Northeast and mid-Atlantic.
The Foundation and Corporate Relations
Manager will play a crucial role in implementing the foundations
strategy to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward private and
corporate foundations. The role will work in a collaborative team
environment and report to the Director of Community and Corporate
Partnerships. The person will manage an active portfolio of
prospects and donors and will create thoughtful opportunities for
Foundation and Corporate Relations Manager
can expect to…
- Manage an active portfolio of 80-100 foundation donors and
prospects through all phases of the donor pipeline, including
cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship and explores
opportunities to expand current partnerships.
- Responsible for prospecting and driving strategic portfolio
- Provide support to senior development and major gifts
colleagues on foundation and corporate foundation donors and
prospects, as needed.
- Manage and maintain grants calendar for The Hole in the Wall
- Prepare and submit written materials, including LOIs,
proposals, grant applications, and grant reports.
- Collaborate with senior development and colleagues on written
materials, as needed.
- In collaboration with senior development, lead in the
development, implementation, and execution of foundation and
corporate foundation strategy.
- Build foundation and corporate foundation relationships and
increases The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp's brand awareness.
- Develop content that details opportunities for corporate
foundations to support The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp in
collaboration with senior development and colleagues.
- In collaboration with the Director of Special Events, solicit
corporate donors through online grant applications, as
- Support the organization's relationship with America's
Charities, filling out applications and fulfilling requests.
- Plan and conduct site visits and tours with foundation
representatives, as requested.
- Maintain accurate records on Raiser's Edge database and track
action items for foundation and corporate foundation
- Assist with special projects and perform additional duties as
Our Foundation and Corporate Relations
Manager should have…
- 3-5 years of experience in managing corporate and foundation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in fundraising databases, such as The Raiser's
Edge, for maximum effectiveness.
- Ability to work independently on several projects
- High attention to detail, organization and deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and tools.
- Ability to establish positive relationships with a variety of
people in multicultural environments.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Must
be able to operate computer for most of workday with appropriate
- Ability to work extended hours, including evenings and weekends
and occasional overnight travel.
- Valid Driver's license and driving record which meets HITWG
insurance carrier requirements. Ability to travel to assigned
- Full vaccination against COVID-19, plus booster that meets
current medical requirements.
- Could be based from any of our office/camp
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp
provides a very competitive salary, a generous benefits package,
and growth opportunities for high contributors. To apply,
please use the provided link. Due to the volume of resumes
received, you will be contacted only if there is interest in
pursuing your application. No phone calls please.
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp is an
Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate on the basis of
age, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability,
nationality or sex, and is committed to a diverse workforce.