Founded in 1988 by Paul Newman, The
Hole in the Wall Gang Camp provides “a different kind of healing”
to more than 20,000 seriously ill children and family members
annually - all completely free of charge. For many of these
children and families, Hole in the Wall provides multiple Camp
experiences throughout the year at the facility in Ashford, Conn.,
in more than 40 hospitals and clinics, directly in camper homes and
communities, and through other outreach activities across the
Northeast and mid-Atlantic.
The Donor Relations Manager ensures
that meaningful gratitude is expressed to The Hole in the Wall Gang
Camp's donor community. This position develops, manages and
executes a robust donor stewardship plan and supporting
Relations Manager can expect to…
- Develop and manage stewardship plans for the Hole in the Wall
Gang camp's vast donor family by celebrating their extraordinary
support through annual giving, events, peer-to-peer and special
- Work strategically to steward, engage and further cultivate
major gift, endowment, bequest, and long-term annual donors in
partnership with gift officers.
- Partner with major gift staff to steward Camp's Top 50 donors
as an assigned stewardship officer on the fundraising team.
- Order recognition and stewardship gifts for all fundraising
efforts and needs; maintain inventory.
- Organize, manage and oversee thank you campaigns including
quarterly updates to the acknowledgement letter, quarterly
thank-a-thons with staff and volunteers, and annual Gratitude
- In coordination with Special Events team, develop strategy and
manage invitation and guest tracking for stewardship events
including Bandit Round-Up, The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp's annual
gratitude event, ribbon cuttings, and groundbreakings.
- Maintain accurate information about donor-awards (Most-Wanted
and milestone recipients); provide feedback and support for
- Oversee documentation of archival naming as well as maintain
current recognition inventory; prepare certificates, update
plaques, oversee proper signage, and/or arrange for public
recognition for donors at every gift level.
- Support annual reporting content, data and list
- Develop and maintain an inventory of featured donors, ready for
publications when requested.
- Prepare Memorandas of Agreement for newly named funds and
ensure that they are properly documented.
- Manage America's Charities as well as well as provide
information and support for Charity Navigator and GuideStar.
- Prepare yearly reporting letters for donors with named funds
including fair market value, book value, investment performance and
- Support corporate partner benefits, ensuring that promised
benefits are delivered.
- Answer questions and problem solve regarding donor funds and
Our Donor Relations Manager
- 2-5 years of experience in fundraising with demonstrated
experience stewarding donors, or equivalent demonstrated
development work experience.
- Ability to work with multiple departments within the
development office and organization wide.
- Considerable experience working with and communicating
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, both written and oral, as
well as a high level of sophistication and maturity in social and
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as
collaboratively with others.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet challenging and
- Experience with Blackbaud products preferred.
- Detailed-oriented; a self-starter who takes initiative with
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from
diverse communities and cultures.
- The ability to establish positive relationships with a variety
of people in multicultural environments.
- A willingness to travel and work some evenings and
- Full vaccination against COVID-19, plus booster that meets
current medical requirements.
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp
provides a very competitive salary, a generous benefits package,
and growth opportunities for high contributors. To apply,
please use the provided link. Due to the volume of resumes
received, you will be contacted only if there is interest in
pursuing your application. No phone calls please.
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp is an
Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate on the basis of
age, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability,
nationality or sex, and is committed to a diverse workforce.