Reporting to the Vice President of Resource Development, the
Director of Development will work to achieve fundraising goals set
with the VP of Resource Development, the CEO and the Board of
Directors. The Director of Development will be an active
participant in and manager of all fundraising activities including
creating and maintaining a portfolio of major corporate and
individual donors while engaging the Development Committee.
Responsibilities will include developing, implementing and
evaluating fund development strategies that will meaningfully
engage and motivate donors to meet team development goals.
This is a Full-Time Exempt position requiring flexibility to
work evening and weekend hours as needed for meetings and projects.
The Director of Development will likely spend an average of at
least five days per week, Monday – Friday (40- hour work week with
- Work collaboratively with the Resource Development team to meet
annual goals and diversify Habitat Wake’s funding base.
- Collaborate with the VP of Resource Development, CEO, and
Leadership team implement the fundraising plan for the year.
- Act as a catalyst for fundraising and cultivation of donors and
volunteers through major and planned giving, annual giving,
corporate and foundation relations, special events, membership and
community relations in addition to prospect research and donor
- Coordinate volunteer build dates and activities with the
Volunteer, Faith Relations and Construction staff.
- Coordinate with Donor Relations Specialist to order all
recognition materials and supplies needed for corporate
- Meet with donors and prospects in person.
- Maintain and expand a unique portfolio of major corporate and
individual donors in coordination with VP of Resource
- Submit grant applications as needed and coordinate with the
- Collaborate on creation of written development materials and
campaigns, including correspondence, proposals, one pagers,
solicitation emails and direct mail letters and collaborate with
the Communications Department as needed.
- Direct all corporate identification, cultivation, solicitation
and stewardship activities as well as record moves management
strategies in Raiser’s Edge.
- Identify where fellow staff as well as department leadership
and development committee volunteers can further develop
individuals in the company as engaged donors and assist in those
- Work with the Database Manager and to produce reports
evaluating corporate strategies and progress on a regular basis.
Create and send Impact Statements and reports to partners.
- Project and manage donor and event expenses.
- Support the Resource Development team as needed to maximize
overall fundraising revenue and the mission of Habitat Wake.
Required Skills or Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of fund development theories, principles and
- Strong leadership skills that inspire and motivate
- Effective and diplomatic oral and written communication
- Ability to multi-task and remain flexible while experiencing
- Experience cultivating, soliciting, and closing gifts
particularly in the Triangle
- Excellent computer skills and ability to use Excel, MS Word, MS
Office 365, Google products, Volunteer Hub and Raiser’s Edge
- Experience working with corporate executives and community
leaders particularly in the Triangle
- Ability to represent the organization in a professional and
engaging manner to diverse members of the community
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working
relationships with supervisor, colleagues and volunteers
- Commitment to a high standard of ethics and to promote the
donor bill of rights
- Commitment to maintaining a high level of confidentiality with
information acquired about Habitat Wake prospects, donors and
Qualifications & Requirements
3 - 6 years of related and directly relevant development
experience in non-profit organizations; or an equivalent
combination of education, training, and experience;
- Knowledge and experience in Raiser’s Edge strongly
- CFRE preferred;
- Experience providing community development from a Christian
framework is highly desired;
- Demonstrated experience in the engagement of volunteers in
- Passion and calling to empower families and revitalize
- Exceptional communication skills and will have a calm and very
pleasant demeanor when working with a wide variety of people.
- Strong analytical and communication skills will be essential
with the ability to manage multiple projects under deadlines.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applications are
considered for positions without regard to veteran status,
uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or
any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local