Chief Executive Officer
- Food for Free
- Massachusetts, United States
- $170,000.00 - $180,000.00
- Closing date
- Jun 13, 2023
- Position Type
- Social Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Boyden is proud to be partnering with Food for Free in their search for a Chief Executive Officer. Food for Free is seeking an inspiring, mission-driven, people-centered non-profit leader to advance this impactful human service agency. This transformational leader will oversee a dedicated staff of 32 employees, devoted to supporting the needs of families experiencing food insecurity in Eastern Massachusetts. The CEO will be a collaborative, strategic leader with experience building culture, external partnerships and implementing outcomes-driven strategy to achieve short and long-term sustainability. The next CEO will be a strong decision-maker with a high emotional intelligence, they will be action-oriented and humble, a consensus builder and a lifelong learner.
In the past three years, Food for Free has more than tripled in size, now moving over 7 million pounds of food annually. The incoming CEO will have the opportunity to stabilize growth, develop a sustainable revenue model and advance internal and external relationships.
Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, the CEO for Food for Free will lead the implementation of policies and programs to carry out the organization’s mission, vision and strategic priorities. The successful candidate will bring a strong background in management, community outreach and advocacy, external relations, fundraising, strategic planning, capacity building, finance, human resources, DEIB Principles and Practices, and program development. The incoming leader will partner with the board and senior leadership on vision and strategy to set the direction of Food for Free for years to come.
In partnership with the Board of Directors and Sr. Leadership Team (direct reports), the CEO will create and implement mission, vision, values, strategic plan, measurement and evaluation for the organization; lead community outreach, advocacy, and public relations efforts; serve as the main point of contact for press, government, auditing and monitoring visits; and contribute to local, state and federal level boards, committees, task forces and panels to promote the mission of Food for Free while building strong relationships to bolster efforts around hunger and poverty.
- In partnership with the Board of Directors and Sr. Leadership
Team (direct reports), implement refreshed strategic plan, advance
KPI’s for personnel and measurement of programmatic outcomes, and
evaluation for the organization.
- Advance an inclusive culture dedicated to equity, justice and
- Lead community outreach, advocacy, corporate partnerships, and
public relations efforts for the organization. Serve as the main
point of contact for press, government, auditing, and monitoring
- Strategically manage and support critical government
partnerships/relationships to build strong support systems and
- Contribute to local, state, and federal level boards,
committees, task forces and panels to promote the mission of Food
for Free while building strong relationships to bolster larger
efforts around food insecurity.
- Support the Board of Directors by maintaining open and regular communications and sharing financial data in a timely manner for the board to fulfill their fiduciary obligations.
- Oversee Programs and supervise Development/Fundraising, Human
Resources, Finance, Facilities, and Operations.
- Responsible for defining Organizational Structure and hiring
all direct reports.
- Responsible for ensuring clear and updated policies and
procedures for all levels of associates including but not limited
to: benefits, compensation philosophy, career growth, operating
policies and procedures, etc.
- Collaboratively develop organization and program budgets.
- Manage engagement with press, legal professionals, or
- Implement and serve as main point of contact for any emergency
programs, task forces, committees needed throughout the year.
- Support fundraising efforts including engaging and soliciting
funders, volunteer appreciation and speaking engagements. Work
closely with Chief Development Officer to develop a sustainable
- Monitor the financial position of the organization and recommend budget amendments to ensure stability of the organization both short and long-term.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, preferred, and 10 or more
years’ experience. 15+ years of experience in lieu of a bachelor’s
- Passionate and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal
- Successful track record of experience in fund
- Familiarity with state and federal funding mechanisms.
- Experience building and advancing community partnerships.
- Experience in developing corporate partnerships in order to
further the organizational goals.
- Participation in strategic planning process and implementation
of strategic plan.
- Understanding of the ecosystem of the non-profit/social service
ecosystem in eastern Massachusetts.
- Positive experience partnering with a non-profit board and
engaging volunteer leaders.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills with the ability to
advance a positive and inclusive culture, advance accountability
and build consensus.
- Engagement with DEIB programs and training.
- Strong non-profit financial acumen.
- An understanding of food insecurity and poverty-related issues in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and nationally is desirable.
Apply for Chief Executive Officer
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert