Vice President of Advancement & Executive Director, EMU Foundation
- Eastern Michigan University
- Michigan, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Jun 13, 2023
- Position Type
- Executive, Fundraising, Alumni Affairs, Capital Campaigns
- Employment Type
- Full Time
As the Chief Advancement Officer for EMU, the Vice President of Advancement will oversee all development and alumni relations strategies, operations, and campaign planning processes needed to help the University achieve its short- and long-term goals.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a member of the President’s Leadership Team, work to advance the mission, vision and short- and long-term strategic goals of the University, maintaining effective relationships with stakeholders across campus, including members of the board of regents and key alumni, parents, and friends.
- Direct, manage, and coordinate a comprehensive ongoing fund-raising and alumni relations program for the University, including annual giving, corporate and foundation relations, major gifts, planned giving, and research and advancement services.
- Oversee, design, implement, and assess a comprehensive institutional advancement strategic plan and program.
- Establish and implement annual goals, metrics, objectives, tasks, and evaluation procedures for each department within the Advancement Division. Last year advancement raised $20.3M in philanthropic support. FY23 goal is to generate $15.5M.
- Determine with the president annual institutional fundraising goals, objectives, and work plans, utilizing best practices in annual, leadership, and planned gift programs, as well as alumni engagement and donor stewardship initiatives.
- When applicable, design, launch, and execute the University’s major capital campaigns on a frequency that is aligned with typical advancement cycles and institutional imperatives.
- Manage, advance and inspire a team of Advancement and Alumni Relations staff of 28.
- Represent the University to the corporate, foundation, donor, and alumni communities, working closely with the President and other University administrators, faculty, and staff, the Foundation Board of Trustees, the Alumni Association, and other fund-raising and alumni volunteers.
- Utilize dynamic and best practice processes in all phases of donor qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Advance and strengthen an internal and external culture of philanthropy for all community stakeholders. Maintain collaborative relationships with leaders across campus to advance shared goals and objectives.
- Oversee alumni programs, expansion of alumni involvement and support, and program evaluation/assessment for 128,000 alumni base.
- Ensure that the President, key faculty/senior administrators, and key volunteers are effectively and professionally supported in development and alumni relations activities; provide focus for their efforts to ensure that their time spent is productive and meaningful.
- Benchmark EMU’s development and alumni relations programs and performance against best-in-class examples among peer and aspirant institutions.
- Serve as the Executive Director of the EMU Foundation with oversight of all Foundation reporting and compliance activities. Stay abreast of best practices and processes and improve and enhance programs as required.
- Serve as a member of the President’s Executive Council and perform administrative duties as required. Manage fundraising advisory boards consisting of dedicated volunteers.
- Work closely with the University’s Board of Regents on development and alumni objectives as needed. Perform related duties as required.
Apply for Vice President of Advancement & Executive Director, EMU Foundation
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert