Great benefits. Competitive pay. We know these are some
of the things people look for in a job.
But if you’re the kind of person who also cares about making an
impact and serving our nation’s wounded warriors and their
families, then you’re exactly the kind of person we’re looking for.
When you join Wounded Warrior Project, you’re committing to making
a difference. We make a commitment to you too – helping you to find
that spark, ignite your passion to serve, and embark on a career
with meaning and purpose.
At Wounded Warrior Project we recognize our mission cannot be
accomplished without our talented teammates, which is why we’re
proud to offer benefits such as:
A flexible hybrid work schedule (3 days in office, 2 days’ work
Full medical, dental and vision coverage for both teammates AND
Competitive pay and performance incentives
A fun, mission focused and collaborative team environment
A mission that matters is just the beginning, so if
you’re ready to get started, we’re ready for you.
The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Compensation Specialist
assists with the day-to-day administration of the compensation
program and helps ensure alignment with the organization’s
compensation philosophy, market competitiveness, and compliance
with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the day-to-day administration of the organization’s
compensation program. Ensure base and incentive compensation
program is current, competitive, and legally compliant.
- Perform various compensation related tasks including performing
job analyses, writing job descriptions, conducting job evaluations,
and reviewing external market comparisons.
- Monitor the effectiveness of compensation policies, guidelines,
and procedures. Identify, recommend, and implement revisions to
ensure the compensation program is affordable, cost effective, and
consistent with compensation trends and organizational
- Process base salary pay increases, e.g., promotions, market
adjustments, internal equity adjustments, and review FLSA exemption
- Partner with managers to draft and revise new and existing job
descriptions as assigned.
- Conduct job analyses and write job descriptions.
- Conduct internal pay equity analyses and recommend compensation
offers for new hires, as assigned,
- Conduct job evaluations to ensure external market
competitiveness and internal equity. Assist with regular audits of
teammate compensation to ensure regulatory compliance and internal
equity across the organization.
- Assist with salary surveys participation and respond to select
survey data requests. Analyze and communicate survey results to
human resources leadership and utilize results to ensure market
- Stay current with trends affecting pay and benefits including
federal, state, and local governmental regulation changes to ensure
- Assist with the annual incentive process.
- Assist with ongoing maintenance of data integrity in Workday
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Working understanding of compensation plan administration.
- Demonstrated working understanding of federal, state, and local
laws and regulations e.g., FLSA, EEO, ADEA.
- Expertise using Excel for compensation administration.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail and highest levels of
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to interact
with diverse team members and build effective working relationships
with team members.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adapt to changing
priorities and meet deadlines.
- High energy level. Self- starter; willing to take
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and
business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work
- Four years of experience conducting job analyses and writing
- Four years of compensation experience with a working knowledge
of compensation theory and practices and local, state, and federal
laws and regulations, e.g., FLSA, Equal Pay Act, and EEO.
- Four years of experience using Excel with demonstrated
expertise with pivot tables and formulas to analyze data and
- Bachelor’s degree. Equivalent combination of applicable
education, training, certification, or experience may be considered
in lieu of degree.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSURE
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or pursuing
- PHR, SHRM-CP, or pursuing certification.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- General office environment; temperature controlled.
- Up to 5% travel.
Wounded Warrior Project® is an equal opportunity employer
committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender,
gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship,
age, veteran or military status, disability, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law.
Wounded Warrior Project is not seeking assistance or accepting
unsolicited resumes from search firms without a written search
agreement in place. All resumes submitted by search firms to any
employee at Wounded Warrior Project via email, the Internet or
directly to hiring managers at Wounded Warrior Project in any form
without a valid written search agreement in place will be deemed
the sole property of Wounded Warrior Project, and no fee will be
paid in the event the candidate is hired by Wounded Warrior Project
as a result of the referral or through other means."