Director of Development and Church Relations, United Methodist Related Non-Profit
- McCurdy Ministries Community Center
- New Mexico, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Jun 13, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Alumni Affairs, Grant Seeking, Planned Giving, Other Fundraising, Special Events, Programs, Grant Administration, Administrative, Other Administrative
- Community Development, Education, Social Services, Youth
- Employment Type
- Full Time
We are looking to hire an enthusiastic Director of Development and Church Relations to secure financial and volunteer support for our faith-based, mission-driven organization. The Director of Development will set and achieve fundraising goals through the solicitation of donations, assisting with fundraisers, and preparation and timely submission of relevant grant applications.
This person will need to maintain knowledge of and relationships with the McCurdy Ministries Community Center Board of Trustees as well as church-related agencies in the country, the South Central Jurisdiction, and the New Mexico Annual Conference, as well as our grantors and fundraisers, fellow employees, former students, staff, and volunteers. General duties include being active in researching and writing grants, being a partner in fundraising events, undertaking relation-building trips, and maintaining a social media presence while representing God’s love and communicating the difference McCurdy Ministries makes in the Española Valley.
The successful applicant will build lasting relationships with those who care about McCurdy, and will be responsible for keeping them informed on how their prayers, financial gifts, and volunteer presence at McCurdy Ministries is helping to create hope and empower lives in the Española Valley. Preferred candidates will be self-motived, deadline-driven, multitaskers with a deep faith.
Basic Responsibilities of the Director of Development and Church Relations:
Under the direction of the Executive Director:
- Collaborating with the Board of Trustees to develop, implement and maintain continue to fundraising and volunteers in mission strategies.
- Collaborating with the Board of Trustees on strategic planning, community relations, and networking.
- Collaborating with the staff to maintain ongoing communications, identifying needs, and executing fundraising strategies.
- Furnishing the Board of Trustees with regular progress reports.
- Collaborating with a network to identify and build relationships with new donors and non-profit funders.
- Maintaining relationships with existing donors, churches and church agencies, and other non-profits.
- Obtaining financial support from individuals and organizations.
- Planning and managing fundraising and special events.
- Generating development materials such as grants, final reports to funders, and thank you notes/presentations.
- Managing the development software.
- Interacting with the staff responsible for data entry and gift processing.
- Creating inspiring quarterly newsletters, monthly volunteer newsletters, and donor thank you letters.
- Providing weekly devotions and other church-related services.
- Communicate with the webmaster to keep our website updated.
- Engaging with staff to ensure a welcoming, supportive and informative culture of donors, volunteers and visitors who come to the campus.
- Providing guidance and assistance as needed for the fulfillment of the mission of McCurdy Ministries to create hope and empower the lives of children, youth, adults and families through education, life skills and faith-based programs in Española, New Mexico.
Basic Requirements of the Director of Development and Church Relations:
- Bachelor's degree in business, non-profit management, or related field. United Methodist Clergy preferred.
- Four or more years of grant writing or non-profit development experience.
- Proficient with sponsorship solicitation.
- Excellent writing and research skills embracing the 111-year history of McCurdy’s ministry and displaying sensitivity to the culture of Northern New Mexico.
- Proficient with MS Office applications and the ability to utilize chosen computer applications.
- Proficient with social media platforms.
- Familiarity with The United Methodist Church.
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work independently within a larger context supervised by the Executive Director.
- Availability to travel and/or work weekends and evenings on and away from the McCurdy campus.
- Valid driver’s license and dependable vehicular transportation.
- Spanish language skills are a bonus.
Information on McCurdy Ministries Community Center can be found at www. mccurdy.org.
To apply send an application letter, a one-page writing sample, a social media sample and a resume with three references to email@example.com by June 1, 2023.
Apply for Director of Development and Church Relations, United Methodist Related Non-Profit
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert