The William Davidson Foundation, a private family foundation,
dedicated to advancing the economic, cultural, and civic vitality
of Southeast Michigan, the State of Israel, and the Jewish
community is now seeking nominations and applications for the
position of Communications Associate.
The William Davidson Foundation is helping to secure a
bright future for the communities that have inspired our founder’s
family for generations. We imbue our work with a sense of
possibility and believe deeply in the importance of building
meaningful relationships across difference. Together with community
leaders who share our sense of optimism and obligation related to
Detroit, Israel, and the Jewish people, we make transformative
investments and support catalytic initiatives that will deliver
lasting value for future generations. The Foundation has
assets of approximately $1.5 billion and grants approximately $60
As the Foundation continues to grow and evolve,
communications and other “beyond the check” activities are playing
an increasing role in the advancement of the Foundation’s mission
and goals. Reporting to the Communications & Special
Projects Officer, the Communications Associate is a new role and
will be responsible for supporting the Foundation’s organizational
communications efforts, managing distinct Foundation channels, and
supporting programmatic and event communications as needed.
The Communications Associate will assist the Communications &
Special Projects Officer in the management and support of
communications activities and events to ensure they achieve clearly
articulated goals, have a standard “look and feel” consistent with
the Foundation’s brand, get promoted appropriately across social
and digital channels, and effectively involve the Foundation’s
Board members and President & CEO when appropriate.
This is a full-time position located in Troy, Michigan, with the
expectation that the incumbent will reside in Southeast
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assists with developing and editing content such as
newsletters, emails, social posts, and other updates.
- Updates the Foundation’s website as needed utilizing WordPress
and Elementor, ensuring content remains current and accurate.
- Develops and manages a communications and events calendar.
- Responds to grantee, partner, and other requests related to the
Foundation’s digital assets (e.g., logos, photos, videos) and
organizes, tags, and generally manages photos and videos using
- Monitors media coverage, creates press clippings, and develops
media reports of Foundation, grantee, and partner events and
- Develops and manages a database of archived news stories,
announcements, publications, etc.
- Coordinates, as necessary, with external vendors on
- Manages, organizes, and ensures the regular review, update, and
enrichment of all key organization and contact lists in Salesforce
so that the platform’s underlying data is sufficiently clean,
accurate, complete, and accessible for supporting communications
activities and events.
- Assists with planning and on-site assistance related to special
- Provides administrative support, as needed and assigned,
including for special leadership travel and board briefings.
The ideal candidate will possess many of the following
professional and personal abilities, attributes, and
- Bachelor’s Degree required; with a minimum of three years of
related work experience, preferably in communications, marketing,
or public relations.
- Familiarity with the communities we serve, support, and engage
– including Southeast Michigan, Israel, and the landscape of Jewish
organizations and Jewish life in North America, preferred.
- Understanding of family philanthropy and the ability to bring
the best mix of expertise, deference, and passion that we find
makes for a successful family foundation professional,
- Strong interest and passion for the Foundation’s mission and
honoring Mr. Davidson’s memory.
- Demonstrated excellence in writing and editing skills and the
ability to efficiently develop compelling content that meets
project and deadline requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the use of email
marketing, websites, and social media platforms (especially
LinkedIn) to advance communications efforts.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe
- Knowledge of Salesforce CRM platform or other CRM platforms,
and best practices regarding contact list management,
- Possesses a high level of emotional intelligence with
exceptional interpersonal skills requiring diplomacy, tact, and a
clear, courteous and professional manner.
- Customer service orientation with ability to respond with
sensitivity, patience, and timeliness.
- Strong work ethic and integrity and must possess a high level
of discretion and confidentiality.
- High energy, forward-thinking individual who has the ability to
remain calm under pressure and flexible in the face of changing
- Ability to own and manage projects from ideation to
- Excellent multitasking, organizational, and time management
skills with ability to prioritize tasks and projects and meet
- Thrives in a team environment, effective at building and
maintaining collaborative relationships, acting in alignment with
organizational values, and positively contributes to the
- This role is in a professional office environment requiring
regular sedentary project work, coupled with occasional travel to
external events and offsite meetings.
- Reports to and is accountable to the Communications &
Special Projects Officer.
- Partners effectively with the Foundation’s board, grantees,
philanthropic partners, and external vendors.
- Works collaboratively with all members of the Foundation’s
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications including a cover letter describing your interest
and qualifications and your resume should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No
phone calls please.
More information about the William Davidson Foundation can
be found at: https://williamdavidson.org.
The William Davidson Foundation is an equal
opportunity employer and proudly values diversity. Candidates of
all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.