About The Perelman Performing Arts
Following 9/11, the community and civic planning process that
resulted in the World Trade Center master plan in 2003 envisioned a
new performing arts center as one of the anchors of the site. Now
under construction, The Perelman Performing Arts Center (“PAC NYC”)
is the realization of that plan and process. Programming at PAC NYC
is scheduled to begin in the second half of 2023.
PAC NYC’s mission is to create connections by cultivating bonds
between extraordinary artists and communities, with exemplary
performances in active dialogue across the arts, and in our
flexible, intimate spaces, inviting conversation and new
relationships. Our art and our audiences reflect the dynamic energy
of all five boroughs of New York City. Our work asks all of us to
consider and embrace the complexities of society. Together, we
welcome the entire world.
The Development Operations Manager plays a critical role in the
operations of the development department. Reporting to the Director
of Development, the Development Operations Manager is responsible
for building out the PAC’s internal processes for tracking and
reporting on all donor, grant and corporate gifts. The Manager will
also work with the growing Development team to identify ways to
expand donor stewardship and improve donor communications, to grow
and sustain the PAC’s donor base, and enhance the organization’s
use of internal infrastructure to best serve the Development team
and our donor base.
Your key responsibilities
- Responsible for the accurate and timely entry of confidential
donation records into our CRM database, Spectrix, tracking
contributions, producing timely donor acknowledgements and creating
reports, as necessary.
- Maintain clear and up-to-date records to track all donor and
grant funding and provide reports as required for presentation to
senior leadership and the Board.
- Coordinate donor relations and stewardship, generating
receipts, producing thank you letters, and organizing personalized
acknowledgements of gifts.
- Working with the Finance team, complete a monthly
reconciliation to ensure all donations are accounted for and
- Prepare donor and other information required for the 990 tax
- Provide administrative and fundraising support to the
Development team including invoicing, assisting in grant proposal
reviews, drafting contracts, managing grant agreement approval
processes, and tracking reporting requirements.
- Provide assistance for grant reports, providing up-to-date
financial and other relevant information.
- Assist the Director of Development in preparing for donor
meetings, including conducting research, securing meetings, and
developing decks and other collateral.
- Undertake prospect research and create briefing packets for
Director of Development and senior members of management in
preparation for donor and prospect meetings.
- Attend meetings with donors, as needed, and follow-up on action
- May be assigned other related duties, as required.
What it takes to be successful in the
- 3 - 5 years related experience supporting or managing
development operations in a nonprofit setting, preferably in arts,
social justice or philanthropy.
- Consistent and exemplary attention to detail and organization,
especially regarding data management and reporting.
- Strong knowledge of development and fundraising systems to
ensure accurate record keeping and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and successfully execute
competing tasks/projects in a high pressure, fast-paced
- Ability to work with all levels of management, board members,
donors and stakeholders with ease, discretion and diplomacy.
- Sound judgment in maintaining confidentiality of donor
- Experience working in a startup environment a plus.
- Passion for the PAC’s mission and a strong commitment to
This position will remain open until a diverse and qualified
pool of finalists has been identified.
Compensation and Benefits
Annual salary will range between $65,000 and $75,000 plus full
benefits. Our benefits package includes health, dental, vision,
life, accidental death and dismemberment and disability benefits,
and self-insured dental, vision and health care and dependent day
care flexible spending accounts. Full time employees are eligible
for paid time off and 401K enrollment with employer match.
We encourage you to apply
At PAC NYC, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive
workplace. If you’re excited by this role and the job description
aligns with you and the work you are passionate about doing, please
apply to the position. We encourage all applicants who are
committed to contributing to an equitable and inclusive work
environment to submit an application for a role with us without
feeling like they need to meet every single qualification of the
position, specifically people from traditionally
excluded/marginalized groups. You might be the right candidate for
this role, or for others that we’re adding to our team.
Our commitment to creating a diverse and equitable
Equal employment opportunity and a commitment to a diverse staff
are fundamental principles at PAC NYC, where employment
opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and
qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender
identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship,
disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as
established under law.