Sr. Manager, Investor Relations
- Unite America
- Colorado, United States
- $70,000.00 - $90,000.00
- Closing date
- Jun 16, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Donor Relations, Major Gifts, Other Fundraising, Programs, Government Relations and Advocacy, Program Administration and Management
- Advocacy, Philanthropic Advisors
- Employment Type
- Full Time
ABOUT THE ROLE — Sr. Manager, Investor Relations
Unite America seeks a full-time Senior Manager to join our Investor Relations team, which is working to build a first-of-its-kind, cross-partisan philanthropic community that will mobilize over $100M in new resources over 2023–2024 to scale the democracy reform movement.
This role will be responsible for owning our messaging with donors and the expression of Unite America’s value proposition to enable the external fundraising efforts of Unite America. This will include creating communications, marketing materials, and other frequent ad-hoc support to be responsive to requests for information from our investors and Co-Chairs. This role will also support special projects of the Investor Relations team.
This role sits at the intersection of storytelling, business operations, and fundraising (though explicit prior experience in these fields is not required). The ideal candidate will thrive on creating data-driven narratives, executing quantitative/qualitative analysis, and managing executive-level stakeholders. In addition to daily responsibilities, you will help drive special projects on the Investor Relations team, including supporting our Co-Chairs and driving close collaboration with our Programs, Operations, and Marketing & Communications teams.
The ideal candidate will be able to grasp complex concepts quickly and distill them down into digestible content tailored to specific audiences (e.g., slides/decks, talking points, memos, etc.)
The position will ideally be based at Unite America’s headquarters in Denver, CO, although exceptional remote candidates will be considered; Unite America offers a stipend for new hires willing to relocate. Remote employees may be expected to travel 1–2 times per quarter for team meetings and retreats.
- Provide hands-on support to Unite America’s leadership and key advisors via election reform research, presentation decks, memos, talking points, note-taking, and project management.
- Draft copy and provide design guidance for marketing materials to communicate Unite America’s value proposition to investor audiences, including Fortune 500 executives and prominent private sector leaders.
- Analyze Investor Relations data to identify key insights to drive investor engagement.
- Design and execute in-person and virtual investor events to communicate Unite America’s value proposition, including coordinating VIP speakers and attendees.
- Support project management of short- and long-term initiatives of the Investor Relations team.
- Draft written communications and create election reform narratives that are compelling to high-level investor audiences.
- Maintain knowledge of Unite America’s investment areas and partners to elevate relevant, timely, and accurate information to Investor Relations team members and advisors.
The priority application deadline for this position is June 18th, 2023. Applications submitted after this date will still be reviewed, but preference will be given to applicants who meet the deadline.Requirements
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Functional Experience: Minimum of 2–3 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, or another analytically-focused role.
- Technical Proficiencies: Demonstrated proficiency using Excel/Google Sheets or PowerPoint/Google Slides in professional settings.
- Analytical and Critical Thinking: Ability to break down an ambiguous problem and propose creative solutions. Ability to analyze data and reports to derive concise insights.
- Communication Skills: Strong writing skills including both longform (essay-style) and short, business communications. Must be able to take strong meeting minutes and capture and communicate action items to internal and external audiences.
- "Self-Starter" Orientation: A proactive, determined, self-directed & "can-do" disposition.
- Professional Discretion: A high-degree of professional discretion in dealing with high-profile individuals where maximum confidentiality is frequently required.
- Authentic Commitment to Our Mission & Intellectual Curiosity: Passion for American democracy and election reform to create a more functional and representative government. Experience in this field is not required. We are looking for a genuine desire and curiosity about our issues.
- Humility, Respect, and a Commitment to Working Across Difference: Commitment to inclusivity and an ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures, backgrounds, and perspectives. Excitement to work on a team that spans political persuasions & ideologies, and to contribute further to that diversity.
ABOUT UNITE AMERICA
Unite America is a non-partisan, philanthropic venture fund that invests in candidates, campaigns, and organizations in order to advance nonpartisan election reforms that will foster a more representative and functional government capable of solving America’s most pressing challenges.
Founded in 2014, Unite America and its 25+-person team has grown to be a leader in the democracy reform movement. The organization has existed in its current form, and with its current primary focus, since 2019; in that time, we have successfully mobilized tens of millions of dollars from scores of philanthropists to reform campaigns across the country.
Recent victories where we played a leading or a major supporting role include: implementing Ranked Choice Voting in NYC, the largest expansion of RCV in history; winning a major anti-gerrymandering campaign in Virginia; adopting a first-of-its-kind, final-four voting system in Alaska that helped elect one of the most ideologically diverse slate of statewide officeholders in recent history; and helping to pass a citizen-led ballot initiative in Nevada to implement Alaska-style reforms in that state. We are poised to dramatically scale our impact in the years to come.
Organizationally, we are committed to building a team that reflects diverse identities, experiences and perspectives; a culture of working across differences toward common goals; and a workplace where everyone feels included, respected and heard.
ABOUT THE INVESTOR RELATIONS TEAM
The Investor Relations team at Unite America is the driving engine responsible for engaging a national, cross-partisan network of political philanthropists to mobilize over $100M in new resources to the democracy reform movement over the coming years.
We seek to bring a philanthropic venture capital model to scaling a movement that has, to date, remained too disparate and undercapitalized. To do so, we serve as a one-stop shop for philanthropists who want to maximize their impact but do not have the capacity or expertise to conduct their own diligence. The Investor Relations department packages investment opportunities into a cohesive portfolio, convenes our philanthropic community and engages prospective donors, and reports back to them on progress and results.Benefits
- Competitive Compensation (est. $70-$90k)
- 401(k) Plan (with up to a 3% employer contribution match)
- Health Care Plan (medical, dental, and vision)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (vacation, sick days, public holidays, and team-wide wellness days)
- Family Leave (maternity, paternity, and adoption)
- Paid sabbatical after 4 years on staff
- Training & Professional Development
- Wellness Resources
- Opportunity to join an inclusive, vibrant, and diverse team
- Last but not least, the chance to make a real difference in guaranteeing a strong democratic future for our country!
The priority application deadline for this position is June 18th, 2023. Applications submitted after this date will still be reviewed, but preference will be given to applicants who meet the deadline.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert