Senior Philanthropy Officer
- Stonehill College
- Massachusetts, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Closing date
- Jun 20, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Fundraising Administration, Major Gifts, Planned Giving, Programs, Grant Making
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Founded by the Congregation of Holy Cross in 1948, Stonehill is a private Catholic college located just 22 miles from downtown Boston on a beautiful 384-acre campus in Easton, Massachusetts. With a student-to-faculty ratio of 13:1, the College engages its 2,500+ students in 80+ rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts, sciences, and pre-professional fields.
Faithful to the Holy Cross tradition in education, Stonehill College is committed to developing the moral, spiritual, intellectual, physical, and social competencies of its students and seeks to build and sustain a campus community that embraces diversity and inclusion in its teaching, learning, living, and working. Stonehill values the diversity of persons, opinions, and cultural and religious perspectives. In fulfillment of its motto, Lux et Spes (“Light and Hope”), the College cultivates in its students the competence to think, act, and lead with courage towards creating a more just and compassionate world.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Advancement, the Senior Philanthropy Officer is responsible for helping Stonehill College achieve its fundraising goals by identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding gifts of $25,000 and above. The Senior Philanthropy Officer is a member of the Charitable Giving team and works collaboratively with the entire Advancement Division, faculty, staff, and other stakeholders at the College.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- The Senior Philanthropy Officer will identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of 100-125 high-potential prospects and donors who can make multi-year commitments of $25,000 and above.
- The Senior Philanthropy Officer will be a proven fundraiser and strong relationship builder with an entrepreneurial work approach and a self-motivated drive for success.
- Using written and oral communication, convey a strong and consistent message about the mission of Stonehill College, its priorities, and its plans.
- Successfully match donors’ philanthropic interests with the needs of Stonehill College through thoughtful engagement opportunities, meaningful conversations, and effective listening.
- Involve appropriate volunteers and staff members in the cultivation and solicitation process as needed.
- Work with members of the Advancement Division team to plan and implement unique cultivation touchpoints and inspiring events designed to instill pride in alumni, parents, and friends of Stonehill College.
- Conduct 8-10 meaningful visits per month for the purpose of qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. Prepare administrative and management reports including contact and strategy reports for each prospect.
- Develop personal engagement plans, gift solicitation proposals and provide proper stewardship after a gift is made.
- Actively participate in the identification and solicitation of Annual Fund leadership gift prospects.
- Be informed about relevant tax laws, gift planning concepts, and be able to initiate and move forward with gift planning conversations.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Assistant Vice President for Advancement.
Education & Experience
A Bachelor’s Degree and three to five years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience are required. Candidates must have excellent verbal, communication, relationship-building, and entrepreneurial skills. Excellent listening skills are imperative. Experience in volunteer management, cultivation, and event planning is desirous. Experience in higher ed fundraising is preferred. This position requires the ability to travel, therefore, a valid driver’s license, insurance, and reliable transportation are required.
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume via the URL link below:
Applicants who will enrich the diversity of the campus community are strongly encouraged to apply. Stonehill College is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert