Assistant Director of Leadership Annual Giving
- Ball State University
- Indiana, United States
- $45,000.00 - $48,000.00
- Closing date
- Jun 20, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Annual Fund, Other Fundraising, Programs, Community Outreach, Other Programs, Administrative, Other Administrative, Public Relations and Communications
- Other Fields
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Assistant Director of Leadership Annual Giving
Ball State University
The Ball State University Foundation is expanding.
Would you like to work with an energetic group of staff at a unified foundation, one with no barriers between advancement, alumni relations, and stewardship? Now is your chance to be part of a dynamic team dedicated to reinventing higher education through philanthropy and cutting-edge partnerships. You’d be joining our team as we embark on our most ambitious fundraising goal ever — to take student support to the next level, both financially and academically.
We currently have an opening for the position of Assistant Director of Leadership Annual Giving. If you’re looking for a high-achieving work environment with a culture of camaraderie and a mission to change lives, check out the job details below.
The salary range for this opportunity is $45,000 – $48,000.
At Ball State University, Inclusiveness and freedom of expression are a part of our enduring values and inform all of our efforts. We encourage applicants to familiarize themselves with our Inclusive Excellence Plan to learn more about our commitment and to identify how you might contribute to these efforts.
The Assistant Director of Leadership Annual Giving is a high-energy, self-fundraiser responsible for soliciting leadership annual gifts. The primary objective is to increase the number of donors who give annually at the $1,000+ level, ultimately increasing the amount of private support raised each year. The position is unit based and will work directly with campus partners to build and execute fundraising strategy for those donors who have the capacity and inclination to give $1,000+, bridging the gap between engagement and philanthropy.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- At least one year of higher education, sales and/or non-profit fundraising work experience. This is to include successfully serving in roles such as a student caller, alumni ambassador and related giving/engagement roles during college.
- History of proven fundraising success while as a college/university student or professionally after graduating; experience with using data to drive strategy; ability to work as part of an organization without direct daily supervision; outstanding oral, written and listening communication skills in order to articulate departmental and institutional viewpoints, goals, priorities, and needs; strong organizational and interpersonal skills; willingness and ability to travel; possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the university’s auto fleet policy; proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
Candidates for searches must have current authorization to be employed in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.
- Master’s degree.
- Minimum two years of successful fundraising experience in a higher education setting (phonathon, leadership giving, etc.) and/or within non-profit fundraising.
- Self-motivation and ability to motivate others, including alumni, staff, faculty and volunteers; ability to work as a team member within a complex institution; knowledge of or experience in an educational setting; flexibility and willingness to change fundraising tactics and strategy mid-year to achieve stated program goals; supervisory experience.
Apply online at: https://bsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/37266 . Include the following documents with your application: resume and cover letter addressed to search committee chair. The option to upload transcripts is available. Original, official transcripts showing the highest related degree earner is required at the time of hire (even if obtained at BSU). Degree verification will be conducted.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will be accepted through date.
Ball State University is located in Muncie, Indiana, on an attractive campus 45 miles northeast of Indianapolis. Approximately 22,000 graduate and undergraduate students enroll in one of eight academic colleges that offer 120 undergraduate programs. We offer more than 140 master’s, doctoral, certificate, and specialist degrees, with many of them ranking among the best in the nation. Ball State aspires to be the model of the most student-centered and community-engaged of the 21st century public research universities, transforming entrepreneurial learners into impactful leaders – committed to improving the quality of life for all.
The Ball State way is rooted in the Beneficence Pledge – a commitment to excellence in teaching and scholarship, honesty and integrity, social responsibility, gratitude and valuing the intrinsic worth of each member of our community. Ball State students, faculty and staff are empowered in a culture that believes in them and demands they believe in themselves. They are partners in an innovative, immersive approach to education. They are supported by living and learning facilities that enable intellectual curiosity. We graduate scholars who are changing the world, and we’ve dedicated our University to do the same.
The university offers an excellent wellness program and extensive benefits offerings to include a generous paid time off package and paid parental leave. For further information regarding benefits please visit:
Ball State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that is strongly and actively committed to diversity within its community. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert