Manager of ReadUP Program, Early Care and Learning
- United Way of Central Indiana
- Indiana, United States
- $60,000.00 - $65,000.00
- Closing date
- Jun 20, 2023
- Position Type
- Programs, Community Outreach, Managing Volunteers, Other Programs, Program Administration and Management, Administrative, Other Administrative
- Advocacy, Community Development, Education, Social Services, United Way, Youth
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Manager of ReadUP
Issue Area Impact Team – Impact Division
We partner to design, support and grow systems that accelerate financial stability and upward mobility for individuals and families living in or near poverty and striving for a brighter future. Our vision is that Central Indiana will be a community where children, individuals and families thrive; neighbors care for each other; and we are proud of all our residents' quality of life.
We pursue this vision in all we do as we ask our community to give, advocate and volunteer. We believe that vision can only be achieved if pursued with shared values, and therefore place great emphasis on building a team that will pursue this vision together with ICARE. This is an exciting time to be part of United Way of Central Indiana's team as we embark on a new strategic framework that fosters innovation, builds community partnerships, and integrates across traditional functional areas.
Inclusion – Courage – Accountability – Respect - Excellence
United Way of Central Indiana (UWCI) recognizes that the key to success is a strong and cohesive team that works through shared values to achieve our mission. The Manager of ReadUP is responsible for administering a portfolio of projects around UWCI's Early Care and Learning issue area. This includes program coordination and administration of UWCI's ReadUP program, including school-based program coordination and volunteer coordination, communication, and management, in addition to supporting projects that align across the Issue Area Impact Team.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Administer UWCI's ReadUP program, including school-based/program site coordination:
- In collaboration with Early Care and Learning Director, ensure all program sites operate with fidelity, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Coordinate all school-based ReadUP relationships across Central Indiana school partners and program sites, including frequent travel and visits to program partner sites
- Collaborate with and support a contracted consultant team of 6 - 8 Marion County ReadUP Reading Specialists who provide implementation support in Marion County to ensure program is implemented with fidelity
- Collaborate with and support area-based coordinators in non-Marion County ReadUP schools to ensure program is implemented with fidelity
- Collect and manage ReadUP program data from school-based sites (e.g., student data, student attendance, volunteer attendance, etc.)
- Maintain ReadUP program materials and storage area
- Administer UWCI's ReadUP program, including volunteer recruitment and registration, training, communication, ongoing support and coordination, and recognition:
- In collaboration with Early Care and Learning Director, recruit, train and engage ReadUP volunteers from corporations, faith communities, education institutions, civic and social groups, the public, and other appropriate sources
- Initiate and maintain ongoing communication and engagement with volunteers; implement strategies to appreciate and retain volunteers; provide an exemplary degree of customer service and engagement when coordinating, communicating with, and managing volunteers
- Maintain volunteer registration portal/dashboard, including development and administration of content and gather, update, and maintain volunteer contact information accurately and in a timely way in all appropriate databases
- Collaborate and coordinate with internal team members to maintain and update promotional items, including brochures, product sheets, and other printed and web-based materials
- Collaborate with Early Care and Learning Director to engage with system-level ReadUP partners (e.g., school districts) and vendors/suppliers supporting ReadUP (e.g., Scholastic)
- Collaborate with Early and Learning Director to advance ReadUP programming in a manner that is responsive to UWCI's strategic planning and community need
- Collaborate with Issue Area Impact Team to implement and advance strategies that support individuals and households throughout Central Indiana
- Perform special assignments and other work, on an as needed basis
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. United Way also values innovative thinking, and a successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work within the team to achieve goals and objectives. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to multi-task and be open-minded in a fast-paced environment.
Excellent partnership building skills forming and maintaining external relationships is required. Ability to manage multifaceted projects across multiple environments is required. Must possess effective organizational and interpersonal skills, the ability to work independently, and an attitude toward achieving outcomes. Initiative, attention to detail, and a sense of urgency are essential.
Reads and interprets documents such as operating instructions and procedure manuals. Routinely writes detailed reports and correspondence and responds to questions. Routinely speaks effectively before groups of customers, clients, and managers and/or employees of UWCI and external partner organizations.
Routinely solves practical problems and deals with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standardization exists. Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Makes decisions on how to carry out specific day-to-day tasks. Typically consults with supervisor on anything out of the ordinary.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of five years of relatable experience in the education, nonprofit or public sector required
- Project and/or program management experience with a demonstrated ability to develop, implement and execute to achieve intended results, by following through on commitments, prioritizing work, and managing time and resources well required
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, writing, and oral communication skills, as well as a sense of humor, diplomacy and discretion, critical thinking, and judgment.
- Bachelor's degree in education, social work, or similar related area, with a focus on nonprofit management and/or governance preferred.
- Experience working within and across a broad range of education-based systems including interfacing with community-based organizations, educational institutions, and system stakeholders preferred
- Experience with large-scale (e.g., community-wide) programs and/or project management across a broad range of stakeholders highly preferred.
- Ability to and/or experience in facilitating convenings, workshops, focus groups, etc.
- Knowledge of the Central Indiana region and state/local education system is highly preferred.
*Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case-by-case basis.
United Way of Central Indiana's team is evaluated on the following core competencies:
- Job Knowledge
- Thriving in Change
Position Leader: Early Care and Learning Director
Position Leads: n/a
FLSA Status: Exempt, Salaried, Full-time
Salary Range: Low to Mid 60's depending on experience
Benefits: Complete Benefits Package Available
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply at uwci.org/careers
This position description does not constitute a contract of employment or a guarantee of any terms or conditions of employment. UWCI employees are employed on an at-will basis. In addition, nothing in this position description restricts UWCI's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert