Fundraising Research Analyst
Strategic Information and
We partner to design, support and grow systems that
accelerate financial stability and upward mobility for individuals
and families living in or near poverty and striving for a brighter
future. Our vision is that Central Indiana will be a community
where children, individuals and families thrive; neighbors care for
each other; and we are proud of all our residents' quality of
We pursue this vision in all we do as we ask our community to
give, advocate and volunteer. We believe that vision can only be
achieved if pursued with shared values, and therefore place great
emphasis on building a team that will pursue this vision together
with ICARE. This is an exciting time to be
part of United Way of Central Indiana's team as we embark on a new
strategic framework that fosters innovation, builds community
partnerships, and integrates across traditional functional
Lead fundraising research and analytical projects conducted by
the Strategic Intelligence and Information Division in
support of the organization's goals and objectives. Act as a
liaison between the Strategic Intelligence and Information
Division, internal partners (fundraising, volunteer center,
marketing, and community impact) and external partners and
Position Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed. They are
not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so
Data Analytics & Research:
Manage and maintain UWCI's Azure Fundraising Data Warehouse
using SQL. Create data reports, visualizations, and dashboards
using PowerBI and Tableau for internal and external audiences to
show results and analysis of UWCI's fundraising and engagement
efforts. Perform yearly Fundraising Analysis.
- Assist in the management and maintenance of the UWCI Azure
Fundraising Data Warehouse to ensure appropriate data collection,
reporting, and analysis of all Fundraising Data.
- Create reports, edit tables and views, and troubleshoot data
quality issues within the Fundraising Data Warehouse.
- Lead the reporting and analysis of Fundraising data using SQL.
- Develop and maintain Business Intelligence (PowerBI and
Tableau) dashboards to track Fundraising metrics, understand data
trends, and create reports and visualizations for United Way team
- Develop and implement research designs, inclusive of
methodology, and appropriate statistical methods for analyzing data
on assigned projects.
- Perform in-depth analysis of fundraising data to identify
gaps in UWCI strategies and donor motivations and trends.
- Assist Prospect Research team member in performing landscape
research and trends, profile creation, wealth screening data
analysis and donor and prospect benchmarking.
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Fundraising Research
and Analytics to define and design analytical projects
- Conduct data analysis and interpret results using standard
statistical tools and techniques.
- Prepare and present research results and related implications
and recommendations both in writing and verbal communications based
on a demonstrated understanding of the given audience and research
- Lead efforts to collect, organize, scrub, validate, and
otherwise prepare large data sets from internal and external
sources for research projects.
- Perform special assignments and other work, on an as-needed
Assist with the design and implementation of internal and
external reports and dashboards. Assure maintenance and
standardization of fundraising data for accuracy and completeness
for reporting purposes. Utilize external data sources for
benchmarking in fundraising data reporting.
- Create and implement standardized reports and dashboards for a
variety of audiences including executives, contributors, board
members and other external stakeholders.
- Create automated reports for self-service usage for internal
fundraising team members, and train team members on usage and
- Maintain matrix of fundraising data sources and provide updates
to division data calendar for fundraising data outputs.
- Assist with the data collection, preparation and completion for
annual data filings for United Way worldwide
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able
to perform each essential job function satisfactorily and be
present in the office while performing those functions. The
requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge,
skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. The individual in this role must display
the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. United Way also
values innovative thinking, and a successful candidate will be a
self-starter who can work within the team to achieve goals and
objectives. The individual should have effective
communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and
flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain
knowledge of trends in his/her area of responsibility and review
literature to understand key issues.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree required; graduate degree preferred. *Work
experience may substitute for education requirements on a
- 3-5 years of relevant experience is required.
- Must have knowledge of SQL programming language, database
structures, and Business Intelligence (BI) analytics software.
- Strong analytical skills, including expertise in the modeling
and analysis of data, is required.
- Working knowledge of SPSS or relational database concepts and
other business analytics tools is preferred.
- Must possess a high level of computer proficiency and knowledge
of various computer software, with skills in Microsoft Excel,
Access, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to see the big picture and be detail oriented.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication
The physical demands described here are general representations
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and
hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to touch and
handle objects. The employee frequently stands or walks.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Office setting, with sustained use of a computer.
- The noise level in the work environment is minimal to
- Maintains personal/professional competency and works to create
an environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive
attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the
United Way of Central Indiana's team is evaluated on the
following core competencies:
- Thinking Strategically
- Stakeholder Experience
- Effective Communication
Director, Fundraising Research & Analytics
Low to Mid 60's
Benefits Package Available
Please apply at
This position description does not constitute a contract of
employment or a guarantee of any terms or conditions of
employment. UWCI employees are employed on an at-will basis.
In addition, nothing in this position description restricts UWCI's
right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this
position at any time.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website
below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept
applications through our website.