Workplace Fundraising Specialist- KH
- United Way of Central Indiana
- Indiana, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Closing date
- Jun 21, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Other Fundraising
- United Way
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Workplace Fundraising Specialist
Team: Workplace Fundraising
We partner to design, support and grow systems that accelerate financial stability and upward mobility for individuals and families living in or near poverty and striving for a brighter future. Our vision is that Central Indiana will be a community where children, individuals and families thrive; neighbors care for each other; and we are proud of all our residents' quality of life.
We pursue this vision in all we do as we ask our community to give, advocate and volunteer. We believe that vision can only be achieved if pursued with shared values, and therefore place great emphasis on building a team that will pursue this vision together with ICARE. This is an exciting time to be part of United Way of Central Indiana's team as we embark on a new strategic framework that fosters innovation, builds community partnerships, and integrates across traditional functional areas.
United Way of Central Indiana recognizes that the key to success is a strong and cohesive team that works through shared values to achieve our mission. The Workplace Funding Specialist will help advance the mission of United Way of Central Indiana by cultivating and maintaining relationships with key corporate partners and donors to grow giving and engagement with United Way of Central Indiana. Achieve annual fundraising and engagement goals by executing an annual giving campaign for assigned portfolio of corporate accounts with an emphasis on building relationships with corporate partners and their employees. Collaborate with key volunteers to develop and grow employee giving at corporate partners, including consistent touchpoints with company contacts, exploring employee engagement opportunities, and individual donor messaging.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- In conjunction with UWCI Internal Teams, develop and implement high-level strategies designed to maintain and grow the fundraising and engagement for corporate partners and their employees in assigned portfolio through year-round engagement.
- Steward, cultivate and engage leadership level executives within assigned portfolio to build a broad base of support for UWCI focused fundraising activities with key corporate partners.
- Maintain consistent contact with corporate account representatives and leadership within assigned portfolio and creatively explore and introduce additional UWCI opportunities, as appropriate (i.e., volunteerism, sponsorships, etc.). Identify and communicate with appropriate UWCI team members regarding opportunities to leverage these relationships more broadly.
- Write and deliver informative and engaging presentations on UWCI's mission and vision in front of varying audience sizes. Communicate impact stories that promote donor acquisition, retention, and growth. Be knowledgeable about UWCI's work in Central Indiana and be an effective and compelling communicator to advance engagement and brand value.
- Maintain and track communication with external partners, including corporate partners and individual donors within Salesforce CRM.
- Leverage data to provide strategic, targeted account management and excellent customer service, leading to long-term strategic plans with aggressive goals.
- Internal Relationships:
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders on projects as assigned to further UWCI's work.
- Work with UWCI's Major Gifts, Volunteer Engagement, Community Impact, Strategic Information & Intelligence, and Brand teams to identify, develop and implement opportunities to communicate community impact work and UWCI goals and priorities to key stakeholders.
- Annual Goals: Achieve established goals for annual fundraising and engagement. Work with the Workplace Fundraising Senior Manager to ensure goals reflect, align, and contribute to the broader goals of the organization.
- Flexibility: UWCI is evolving with our changing external environment. Flexibility is a key attribute for this position. A willingness to take on additional duties to ensure the success of the team is essential. Performs special assignments and other work on an as-needed basis. Role requires travel 10-15% of the time within UWCI service area.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. United Way also values innovative thinking, and a successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work within the team to achieve goals and objectives. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail, organization, flexibility, and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in their area of responsibility and reviews literature to understand key issues.
This individual regularly navigates Salesforce CRM database and utilizes Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint to illustrate data and information to a wide range of audiences. Routinely writes detailed reports and correspondence and responds to questions and/or complaints. Routinely speaks effectively and in a compelling manner before groups of customers, clients, and/or employees of corporate accounts.
This individual Routinely solves practical problems and deals with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standardization exists. Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
This individual Makes limited decisions and determines best methods to solve problems by referring to established precedents and policies. Impact of decisions is usually low to moderate cost.
Education and/or Experience
1 to 2 years of experience in fundraising, public administration, sales, marketing. Bachelor's degree is required. An associate degree with relevant work experience would be considered. Knowledge of the central Indiana community and the human service sector is preferred.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, a strong reputation for integrity and professionalism, ability to resolve conflict constructively, ability to build strong relationships both inside and outside UWCI, ability to think strategically, commitment to fostering an inclusive environment consistent with UWCI's commitment to diversity and inclusion. Must have the ability to prepare and explain performance, manage a diverse group of donors and volunteers, manage projects and workload, and engage constructively with the other members of the UWCI team.
*Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case-by-case basis.
United Way of Central Indiana's team is evaluated on the following core competencies:
- Job Knowledge
- Thriving in Change
Position Leader: Workplace Fundraising Senior Manager
Position Leads: N/A
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full-Time
Salary Range: $49,000
Benefits: Complete Benefits Package Available
Reviewed: March 2023
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply at uwci.org/careers
This position description does not constitute a contract of employment or a guarantee of any terms or conditions of employment. UWCI employees are employed on an at-will basis. In addition, nothing in this position description restricts UWCI's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert