Research Analyst- ETO Team
- United Way of Central Indiana
- Indiana, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Closing date
- Jun 21, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Prospect Research
- United Way
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Strategic Intelligence & Information Division
We partner to design, support and grow systems that accelerate financial stability and upward mobility for individuals and families living in or near poverty and striving for a brighter future. Our vision is that Central Indiana will be a community where children, individuals and families thrive; neighbors care for each other; and we are proud of all our residents' quality of life.
We pursue this vision in all we do as we ask our community to give, advocate and volunteer. We believe that vision can only be achieved if pursued with shared values, and therefore place great emphasis on building a team that will pursue this vision together with ICARE. This is an exciting time to be part of United Way of Central Indiana's team as we embark on a new strategic framework that fosters innovation, builds community partnerships, and integrates across traditional functional areas.
We are looking for a Research Analyst to join our talented Strategic Intelligence and Information Team. In this role, you will work with local non-profits and community partners on their data collections and reporting strategies through United Way's Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) data collection and performance management system. This position will work with agency executives and end-users to improve ETO practices, reporting, and performance. You will act as a liaison between the Strategic Intelligence & Information Division and external partners (including United Way's community-based partner organizations) to create meaningful research and data products that tells the story of United Way's impact as well inform on the needs in the Central Indiana Community. This position will also assist with research and analytical projects conducted by the Strategic Information Department in support of the organization's goals and objectives.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Database Analytics and Reporting
Support and maintain partner sites in the Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) Database which is a customizable human-services tracking tool. Cultivate relationships with ETO partners to facilitate trust and provide a deeper understanding of organizations and their role in Central Indiana community, to enhance data collection. Utilize database management skills to administer UWCI ETO enterprise with over 25 partner organizations, to design, configure and maintaining custom data collection buildouts. Write advance reports in SAP Business Objects to track clients, outputs, and outcomes for our ETO partners.
- Create customized performance reports that aggregate results for external partner agencies, and internal partners using SAP Business Objects.
- Work closely with the Community Data Initiative and Analytics Manager and other members of Strategic Information to support the implementation, maintenance and management of Efforts to Outcomes software, collaborating directly with agency executives and front-line staff to facilitate program performance management activities.
- Lead efforts to collect, organize, scrub, validate, and otherwise prepare large data sets for research projects, e.g.: update and maintain a complex database of confidential information to ensure current and accurate information using systems such as Efforts to Outcomes (ETO).
Data Analytics and Research
Collect, research, and analyze internal and external data to inform impact toolkit and UWCI strategies. Research, analyze and report out on community data to help inform grantmaking strategies for delegated impact fund focus areas. Data analytics and research efforts beyond immediate UWCI goals and initiatives.
- Support internal efforts to ensure ETO is optimized to support and advance UWCI's strategic plan.
- Analyze and interpret results using standard statistical tools and techniques.
- Identify new opportunities for process improvement.
- Ensure that systems and procedural safeguards for protecting all sensitive personal and financial. data are in place and practiced at all times to maintain organizational data security.
Community Data Initiatives:
Provide support for data collection reporting and analysis for UWCI Impact Initiatives such as Center for Working Families, Winter Assistance Fund, Community Data Equity Initiative. Cultivate and promote relationships with non-profit organizations by providing guidance and technical assistance and gaining a deeper understanding of data collection, reporting, and data systems. Design and support technical and reporting trainings to enhance the knowledge and reporting of non-profits in Central Indiana (Monthly ETO User Groups, Grassroots and Faith-based Data Pilot Initiative Trainings, etc.).
- Present research results both in written and verbal communications.
- Pinpoint trends, correlations and patterns in data set.
- Train internal and external partners on data-entry and data integrity.
Perform special assignments and other work, on an as-needed basis which may include:
- Create on-line surveys and assist in analyzing data from survey research projects.
- Assist with program evaluation and data analysis for various UWCI programs and initiatives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily and be present in the office while performing those functions. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. United Way also values innovative thinking, and a successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work within the team to achieve goals and objectives. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in his/her area of responsibility and review literature to understand key issues.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree required; graduate degree preferred. *Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case-by-case basis.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience is required.
- Ability to create training experiences that make technical and research concepts easy to grasp.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Strong analytical skills, including expertise in the modeling and analysis of data is required.
- Working knowledge of relational database concepts, SQL, and other business analytics tools is preferred.
- Must possess a high level of computer proficiency and knowledge of various computer software, with skills in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to see the big picture and be detail oriented.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The physical demands described here are general representations of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to touch and handle objects. The employee frequently stands or walks.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office setting, with sustained use of a computer.
- The noise level in the work environment is minimal to moderate.
- Maintains personal/professional competency and works to create an environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the organization.
United Way of Central Indiana's team is evaluated on the following core competencies:
- Thinking Strategically
- Stakeholder Experience
- Effective Communication
Position Leader: Senior Manager, Research & Evaluation
FLSA Status: Exempt, Salaried, Full-time
Salary Range: [Insert Salary Range]
Benefits: Complete Benefits Package Available
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply at uwci.org/careers
This position description does not constitute a contract of employment or a guarantee of any terms or conditions of employment. UWCI employees are employed on an at-will basis. In addition, nothing in this position description restricts UWCI's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert