Prospect Research Manager - CSC
- Anti-Defamation League
- New York, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Jun 21, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Donor Relations
- Other Fields
- Employment Type
- Full Time
POSITION TITLE: Prospect Research Manager - CSC/NYC
REPORTS TO: Director, Research and Prospect Management
SUPERVISION EXCERCISED: None
LOCATION: Anywhere ADL has an Office
Grade/Class: Grade E, Exempt, PSA-Eligible
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
ADL is the leading anti-hate organization in the world. Founded in 1913, its timeless mission is “to stop the defamation of the Jewish people and to secure justice and fair treatment to all.” Today, ADL continues to fight all forms of antisemitism and bias, using innovation and partnerships to drive impact. A global leader in combating antisemitism, countering extremism, and battling bigotry wherever and whenever it happens, ADL works to protect democracy and ensure a just and inclusive society for all.
The Prospect Research Manager is an integral member of ADL’s national fundraising team, reporting to ADL’s Director, Research and Prospect Management. Managing and driving all donor research activity for assigned ADL Division, the Prospect Research Manager works in partnership with frontline fundraisers to research, analyze, and recommend strategy on donors and prospective donors with Major Gift capacity.Responsibilities
- Proactively identify major and principal gift prospects, conducting thorough and detailed research on current and prospective donors, corporations, and foundations.
- Produce in-depth, well-written prospect profiles and rating memos based on data-mining and in-depth analysis from a variety public research sources including donor databases.
- Provide training, support, and guidance for frontline fundraisers: specifically, portfolio management policies and procedures leveraging management processes effectively to manage portfolios on a regular basis.
- Work collaboratively with gift officers and other staff to ensure the strategic use of research and provide portfolio management assistance.
- Update donor and prospect records adding new donor data, linking records to appropriate constituents, scrubbing old/outdated data, and creating new/additional records as needed.
- Provide routine data quality control reviews, ensuring that spelling of names, contact information, record type, record status, gift source, related records, and other donor-related information in the database are correct and up to date.
- Adhere to ethical and confidentiality guidelines of ADL and the Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement (APRA).
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and perform complex research projects, analyze, and organize information into thoughtful and comprehensive profiles and briefing documents.
- Knowledge of techniques and methodologies of donor and prospect research using both online and traditional print sources.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a solutions-focused mindset, and the ability to determine course of action.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to manage and complete multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- A problem-solving focus, an astute attention to detail, and the ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative, matrixed team environment that emphasizes collaboration and respect. Diplomacy and ability to work effectively with a variety of people.
- Ability to work efficiently in a virtual environment.
- Proficiency in the use of online research tools such as Wealth Engine, DonorSearch, RelSci, Foundation Directory Online, etc. and other online and print tools and publications.
- Proficiency in Salesforce or similar CRM systems strongly preferred.
- Technologically savvy with an understanding of modern business systems, practices, and processes. Advanced fluency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- The ideal candidate has several years’ experience in direct donor and prospect research that includes identifying and qualifying prospects, deep online research and analyzing financial information.
- Experience preparing polished donor research packages, presentations and other donor-facing materials preferred.
- Experience in portfolio management preferred.
- Previous work in a distributed national organization a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Advanced degree, specialized training, or certification in the development field is a plus.
- ADL COVID-19 Protocol (updated periodically): ADL is adhering to public health guidance regarding COVID-19. ADL will require that all employees are vaccinated with exceptions for medical and religious accommodations. ADL is requiring proof of vaccination. ADL is a hybrid environment; this role is able to be fully remote.
- This position has a salary range of $43,000 to $75,000. This salary range is reflective of a position based in New York, NY. Please note that actual salaries are commensurate with experience and reflect the budget for a given position, and since ADL has a location-based compensation structure, there may be a different range for candidates in other locations. For an overview of our total rewards package, please visit https://www.adl.org/about/careers.
ADL values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of underrepresented ethnic groups, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. ADL is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment, hiring, promotions and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment shall be maintained in a manner which does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or military status, or in violation of any applicable Federal, state or local laws.
ADL will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation to support the interview process, please contact Talent & Knowledge at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ADL will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable State, Local, and Federal laws.
The information in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job, nor is it to be interpreted as a contract for employment.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert