The American Association for Justice (AAJ®) is seeking a
Fundraising Manager for its
Leaders Forum (Fundraising) department. Leaders Forum is an
exclusive membership program for law firms.
AAJ works to preserve the constitutional right to trial by jury
and to make sure people have a fair chance to seek justice when
they are injured by the negligence or misconduct of others—even
when it means taking on the most powerful corporations.
The Fundraising Manager executes strategies for cultivating,
soliciting, and closing major gifts for the organization. The
Fundraising Manager will collaborate with leaders across the
organization to develop robust and compelling funding opportunities
and to create effective plans for cultivating, soliciting, and
stewarding new donors.
Essential job duties include the following:
- Manage department goals and objectives. Reports progress on a
- Identify, cultivate, steward, and solicit major gifts through
research and relationship building.
- Lead the planning and execution of major donor activities.
- Collaborate directly with AAJ CEO, Chief Development Officer
and other AAJ leadership, Board of Governors, and volunteers as
appropriate to facilitate stewardship and soliciting.
- Coordinate and motivate efforts of volunteers involved in
soliciting major gifts.
- Communicate regularly with donors.
- Maintain donor database for assigned portfolio.
- Plan stewardship and recruiting events in region.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA or BS required.
- Must have 3-5 years’ experience in responsible
fundraising and/or high dollar membership position and
customer interaction, preferably with VIPs.
- Previous experience working for a membership association and/or
non-profit organization preferred.
- Demonstrated fundraising ability with excellent writing,
organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, including
in-person, telephone, and email writing skills; must have ability
to handle VIPs with tact and graciousness.
- Strong organizational ability to organize new and routine
events, ensure appropriate preparation and follow-through, with a
high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, demonstrated high degree
of initiative, work independently and handle deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail required.
- Strong computer aptitude, including knowledge of common
database management and donor software programs. Web-design a
- Experience in writing and preparing fundraising
- Experience handling multiple tasks/priorities under deadline in
pressure situations is a plus.
- Team-oriented thinker and strategist who can effectively
respond to complex situations with high integrity, diplomacy and a
passion for achieving results.
- Travel required for meetings and events (approximately
*AAJ is currently working a hybrid
**The American Association for Justice (AAJ)
requires all employees to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. AAJ
will allow for exceptions to COVID-19 vaccination based on a
medical exemption, disability accommodation, or religious
objection; pregnant individuals may also request a deferral if they
wish for the duration of the pregnancy.
Unvaccinated staff with approved exemptions or
accommodations will be required to comply with weekly testing and
to follow CDC guidelines for unvaccinated individuals, which may
include wearing a mask at all times.
AAJ offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits. AAJ is
an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls please!
Only applications submitted via our website will be