Chief Executive Officer - Pinellas Education Foundation
- Pinellas Education Foundation
- Florida, United States
- $180,000.00 - $240,000.00
- Closing date
- Jun 22, 2023
- Position Type
- Executive, Fundraising, Annual Fund, Capital Campaigns, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Grant Seeking, Major Gifts, Planned Giving, Prospect Research, Programs, Community Outreach, Government Relations and Advocacy, Program Administration and Management
- Advocacy, Community Development, Education, Other Fields, Youth
- Employment Type
- Full Time
About us: The Pinellas Education Foundation is dedicated to accelerating achievement for all students through the effective mobilization of resources, relationships and innovation. The Foundation has been in existence for 37 years and has raised more than $200 million to support Pinellas County Schools’ students, teachers and leaders. The Foundation regularly achieves national recognition as a leading education foundation in the country. We believe that public education is a primary determinant of our county’s economic prosperity and future success.
Some of our signature programs include Enterprise Village and Finance Park and Take Stock in Children, which are all initiatives that got their start in Pinellas County Schools and expanded through partnerships to statewide and international impact. Pivotal to our success is our commitment to equity, collaboration, and innovation. It is through the combination of a commitment to our vision and mission, an effective board, strong staff, and key community partners that the Foundation continues to thrive and maintain high levels of success.
You can learn more about the Foundation’s impact, finances, board and staff, and initiatives by clicking on the links or visiting our website at www.pinellaseducation.org.
Job Description: The CEO is the senior-most position in the Foundation and reports directly to the board of directors. The CEO is an entrepreneurial, talented, and dynamic individual able to lead an esteemed and innovative organization that has established a “gold standard” in the creation and deployment of programs for students that equip them to achieve post-secondary success in the 21st century. The CEO will bring strong organizational management skills and strategic leadership ability and will be an excellent communicator, an exceptional fundraiser, and a capable people manager, while having an unwavering commitment to public education and student success.
The CEO will work in partnership with an engaged Board and committed staff to steer the Foundation toward increased impact, growth, and sustainability. In addition, the CEO will forge a productive working relationship with the Pinellas County Schools and its Superintendent. The CEO will report directly to the Board.
The CEO’s responsibilities and qualifications will include (but are not limited to) the following areas:
Strategic Leadership & Vision
The CEO will be a strong leader who, with the Board, will develop and execute a strategic plan and set of priorities that align with the vision of the organization and continue to ensure that the Foundation continues on its path of entrepreneurial growth and impact regionally and nationally. S/he will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to assemble and execute detailed plans for growth in impact and revenue. S/he will show a true willingness to apply creative solutions to achieving goals and an excitement for innovative approaches, while also being a thoughtful risk-taker.
Operational & Financial Management
The CEO will be an exceptional people manager who will be able to attract, motivate, develop, and lead a capable and effective team. S/he will bring strong experience in developing and operationalizing organizational strategies. S/he will have a demonstrated understanding of how to run a financially healthy organization and manage complex budgets. S/he will be proactive in identifying the systems and resources necessary to accommodate growth.
Fundraising & External Relations
An excellent presenter and communicator, the CEO will have the ability to serve as a compelling spokesperson for the organization. S/he will be able to inspire funders, staff, and other stakeholders and translate the mission and work of the Foundation to a variety of audiences. S/he will actively and strategically partner with the Vice President of Advancement and the Board in order to successfully reach the strategic fundraising goals of the organization and grow revenue. The CEO will forge a productive working relationship with the Pinellas County Schools and its Superintendent.
The CEO will bring deep experience of collaborating and working in successful partnership with a dynamic Board of Directors. S/he will understand how best to build strong rapport and relationships with Board members, in addition to an understanding of how to thoughtfully leverage Board members’ expertise and experiences to achieve strategic goals and advance the organization’s mission. S/he will work closely with a set of committees that support and provide additional capacity for key organizational initiatives.
Educational/Experience: College degree, preferably in Business, Education, Public Relations or related discipline. Ten years’ experience in management or non-profit development required.
Skills: The CEO will be a talented, business-oriented, and proven leader who is passionate about advocating for and increasing access to opportunities for K-12 students. S/he will also have the following competencies and characteristics:
- Passion and commitment to the Foundation’s mission, vision, and core values to enhance and improve educational opportunities for students, in addition to ensuring the preparation of all students for post-secondary success in PCS
- Inspirational leader, spokesperson, and communicator who is able to move a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders together toward a common goal
- Experience with K-12 education is preferred
- Demonstrated track record of success in fundraising, specifically in cultivating funds from individuals, corporations, and foundations
- Advocacy or legislative experience at federal, state, or local level strongly preferred
- Excellent people management skills with ability to grow and develop strong teams
- Strong business acumen and in-depth experience in operational, financial, and administrative management
- High level of flexibility and adaptable to shifting priorities and high-growth environment
- Experience working in close partnership and collaboration with Boards of Directors or Trustees
- An entrepreneurial mindset and ability to drive innovation, as demonstrated by a track record of developing innovative initiatives, programs, or products
- An ability to leverage data and establish measures of accountability around impact and resources
- A sense of humor and a person of empathy, integrity, resiliency, and humility
Physical Demands: The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
Apply for Chief Executive Officer - Pinellas Education Foundation
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert