Manager of Development, Early Childhood Programs
- New York, United States
- $58,000.00 - $62,000.00
- Closing date
- Jun 23, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Annual Fund, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Planned Giving, Special Events
- Academic Centers, Education
- Employment Type
- Full Time
92NY is seeking a Manager of Development, Early Childhood Programs to join the Development Department. The Manager of Development, Early Childhood Programs reports to the Director of Development (DOD), Early Childhood Programs and is an integral member of the Development Department working specifically on fundraising activities for the Nursery School and Parenting Center. This position supports the DOD, Early Childhood Programs with fundraising activities and operations and is responsible for streamlining various systems that support the team in achieving the required fundraising targets.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Provide support to the DOD contributing to the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of a portfolio of donors made up of parents, grandparents and corporate sponsors.
- Assist with the logistics, coordination, and support of a wide array of fundraising and cultivation events/initiatives including the preparation of mailings and reports, tracking and reporting on attendees and prospective donors and post event follow-up.
- Administer all back-end aspects of the Nursery School’s Annual Benefit, Annual Fund, and Alumni fundraising efforts, including coordinating with event consultants/outside vendors, and managing an annual Tile/alumni event.
- Coordinate all back-end aspects related to the Parenting Center Advisory Committee’s annual efforts (volunteerism, meetings, fundraising appeal, testimonial writing).
- Track all mailings and donor outreach and assist the DOD with maintaining donor records and notes through use of plans in Tessitura, ensuring that important information is recorded and easily analyzed.
- Manage the acknowledgment process for all Nursery School and Parenting Center gifts, ensuring relevant, timely, accurate communications that inspire donors to feel valued and loyal to the organization. Collaborate with other associates to ensure coordinated outreach.
- In coordination with the larger Development team, support the DOD to develop, execute and provide ongoing management of the 92NY Nursery School Alumni program.
- Attend committee meetings when appropriate and prepare follow up memos for committee members and the DOD.
- Partner with Nursery School’s Community Engagement team to liaise with the parent population through events and communications (such as the annual Book Fair, Mitzvah Committee activities, Bake Sale, New Parent Cocktail Parties, Special Visitors Day)
- Field calls from parents and act as a front line for donor and prospect inquiries.
- Provide support for the production of all development mailings, including solicitations, renewals, and special appeals.
- Prepare donor gift invoices and gift commitment forms.
- Pull lists for all solicitations and manage the solicitation calendar.
- Reconcile team expenses in Blackbaud/Web Invoicing system in coordination with Financial Management policies.
- Process all vendor invoices charged to the Early Childhood Fundraising department.
- Participate in team meetings to discuss prospects and solicitation strategy.
- Provide overall support to the Early Childhood Development Team, including the scheduling of meetings, securing space, ensuring appropriate room set-ups, and preparing meeting materials.
- Assist with donor research and prospecting when needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Experience, Education, & Skills Desired:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2-4 years of experience in an office setting, preferably in a development office, with the potential and aspirations to build a career within the field.
- Must be a proactive, independent, creative, team player with emotional intelligence.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills are required to interact with the families in the school on a regular basis.
- Must be flexible and have the ability to manage multiple duties simultaneously.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an eye for detail and an articulate telephone manner.
- Excellent organizational skills including self-management of work schedule – ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Accomplished interpersonal skills with the diplomacy and poise required to deal with patrons, including major and high-profile donors.
- Effective team worker who can demonstrate a collaborative approach when working with colleagues.
- Interest in advancing the mission of The 92nd Street Y, New York.
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook; with previous Tessitura or other fundraising software experience a plus.
Work Environment & Requirements:
40 hours/week. Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Interested applicants should forward a resume and a cover letter with salary requirements.
Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are only able to contact those applicants whose experience most aligns with the position profile.
$58,000 - $62,000
The actual compensation offered will be based on a number of factors including, but not limited to the qualifications of the applicant, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert