Major Gifts Officer
- Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation
- Virginia, United States
- $50,000.00 - $65,000.00
- Closing date
- Jun 23, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Annual Fund, Capital Campaigns, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Grant Seeking, Major Gifts, Planned Giving, Programs, Grant Administration
- Education, Museum
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Be a part of something revolutionary at the Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation! Our Development Department is looking for a highly motivated Major Gifts Officer to help us raise the funds to support the work of our two museums: Jamestown Settlement and the American Revolution Museum at Yorktown and to achieve our ongoing mission. This position is a front-line development professional responsible for raising private funds and works to attain major/restricted fundraising goals. Position manages a portfolio of prospects capable of making major gifts of $10,000 or more for annual, capital, endowment or special projects in support of our mission and strategic goals.
What are the qualifications for this position?
- Experience in fundraising, sales, or equivalent with a demonstrated track record of success.
- Ability to identify new prospects, and through successful cultivation and solicitation strategies, move them to major gift donors.
- Ability to meet annual assigned performance metrics for gift officer activity and fundraising results
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and superb interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent combined education and experience, preferred.
What are the benefits?
- State health benefits & flexible spending accounts.
- Paid leave including sick leave, personal leave, annu-al leave accruals, and 12 holidays.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Retirement savings plans with limited employer match available (VRS).
- Life & Long-Term care insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Employee discounts for companies including Verizon, Enterprise, Choice Hotels, and many more!
How do I apply?
Please submit an application either online at- www.jobs.virginia.gov or by contacting Human Resources at email@example.com for additional application options. Applicants only will be screened based on what is presented in the Commonwealth of Virginia employment application and related documents. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons and applicants, without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, political affiliation, genetic information, race, religion, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy) or veteran status. JYF encourages and invites minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, in a manner consistent with legal requirements.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert