Be a part of something revolutionary at the Jamestown-Yorktown
Foundation! Our Development Department is looking for a highly
motivated Major Gifts Officer to help us raise the funds to support
the work of our two museums: Jamestown Settlement and the American
Revolution Museum at Yorktown and to achieve our ongoing mission.
This position is a front-line development professional responsible
for raising private funds and works to attain major/restricted
fundraising goals. Position manages a portfolio of prospects
capable of making major gifts of $10,000 or more for annual,
capital, endowment or special projects in support of our mission
and strategic goals.
What are the qualifications for this
- Experience in fundraising, sales, or equivalent with a
demonstrated track record of success.
- Ability to identify new prospects, and through successful
cultivation and solicitation strategies, move them to major gift
- Ability to meet annual assigned performance metrics for gift
officer activity and fundraising results
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and superb
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent combined
education and experience, preferred.
What are the benefits?
- State health benefits & flexible spending accounts.
- Paid leave including sick leave, personal leave, annu-al leave
accruals, and 12 holidays.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Retirement savings plans with limited employer match available
- Life & Long-Term care insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Employee discounts for companies including Verizon, Enterprise,
Choice Hotels, and many more!
How do I apply?
Please submit an application either online at-
www.jobs.virginia.gov or by contacting Human Resources at
email@example.com for additional application options. Applicants
only will be screened based on what is presented in the
Commonwealth of Virginia employment application and related
documents. We are committed to providing equal employment
opportunities for all persons and applicants, without regard to
age, color, disability, gender, national origin, political
affiliation, genetic information, race, religion, sexual
orientation, sex (including pregnancy) or veteran status. JYF
encourages and invites minorities, women, individuals with
disabilities and veterans to apply. We also consider all qualified
applicants regardless of criminal histories, in a manner consistent
with legal requirements.