The Manager will propose, develop and ensure adherence to
policies and procedures for the Office of Gift Acceptance. They
will perform quality control processes in order to ensure the
accuracy and integrity of the donor database (Ellucian Advance).
They will maintain written documentation of departmental policies
and procedures. The Manager will exhibit a high degree of
professionalism in promoting a friendly and helpful customer
service atmosphere in order to help the University of Maryland
College Park fulfill their fundraising goals.
Education and Experience:
Candidates must have
experience in a development, gift administration, high volume data
entry or related environment. Customer service experience is also
required. A equivalent combination of education and/or experience
may be substituted for a degree (see below).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 3 years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; OR
- 5 years of experience with an Associate’s Degree; OR
- 7 years of experience with a High School Diploma
- Excellent proofreading skills, attention to detail with
unparalleled accuracy and an overall commitment to data
- Excellent organization, prioritization and problem solving
- Excellent judgment and ability to handle confidential matters
- Able to develop a broad knowledge of the institution’s
programs, practices, policies and procedures.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines while ensuring accuracy.
- Knowledge of computer systems and proficiency with a wide range
of software including relational databases (primarily end-user),
word processing and spreadsheets.
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills to clearly
explain a variety of policies and procedures to all levels of
customers and University staff, including gift acceptance,
development, college administrators, College Park Foundation and
University System of Maryland.
- Ability to learn, interpret and apply a variety of complex
policies and procedures with minimal guidance.
This position requires the ability to work evening, weekend and
holiday hours based on workload and/or deadlines, especially during
fiscal and calendar year end.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of CASE Management and Reporting
Standards, IRS guidelines, and GASB accounting
- Familiarity with current nonprofit industry best practices
relevant to data management and gift administration.