Regional Director of Development / Senior Regional Director of Development
- Washington and Lee University
- Virginia, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Closing date
- Jun 24, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Major Gifts
- Academic Centers, Education
- Employment Type
- Full Time
R712 Regional Director of Development / Senior Regional Director of Development
Washington and Lee University seeks a dynamic, collaborative, and experienced fundraising professional to join its high performing leadership giving team as a Regional Director of Development / Senior Regional Director of Development (RDoD). Reporting to the Director of Regional Leadership Giving, this leadership gift officer is responsible for raising philanthropic support from donors, alumni, parents and friends of W&L in a defined geographic region. The RDoD will be part of a team raising support for W&L to meet its ambitious goals through the Leading Lives of Consequences Campaign.
The RDoD will design, develop, and manage a comprehensive program of focused solicitation strategies to persuasively present the priorities, make a case for university support and successfully close major gifts of five to seven figures.
Washington and Lee University actively promotes a dynamic and inclusive environment that allows students and employees of multiple backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives to learn, work, and thrive together. Successful candidates will contribute to that environment and exhibit potential for excellence in their areas of expertise.
- Develops and manages a portfolio of 150-200 potential donors
- Travels extensively to visit with donors and highly rated prospects with defined moves management plans for each prospect after an initial visit.
- Participates in donor prospect strategy sessions.
- Successfully solicits and closes five to seven figure gifts.
- Persuasively present the University's mission and goals.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues, faculty, and senior administration.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree is required.
- Strong character and leadership abilities and excellent human relations skills to represent the University effectively with its alumni, parents and other external constituents.
- Passionate, high-energy individual with outstanding skills in time management, communication, and team building with a history of success in previous work experience and a desire to work in higher education.
- Three to five years of fundraising and/or development experience preferably in a higher education, non-profit, or a foundation setting, or a combination of education and experience from which a similar skillset is attained.
- A record of achieving ambitious targets and goals is expected. The position requires sophisticated interpersonal skills, the ability to listen effectively, and outstanding written and oral communication skills. Candidates should be organized, able to work collaboratively and strategically, and be a talented motivator of volunteers.
Work Schedule: M-F 8:30-4:30 Frequent travel required.
Please apply online at https://wlu.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WLUCareers/job/Regional-Director-of-Development---Senior-Regional-Director-of-Development_R712-1
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Resume and cover letter are required. Upload both required documents to the Resume/CV upload section of the application. You will be asked to provide names and contact information for three professional references.
External Applicants: Application instructions for external applicants are located on the http://jobs.wlu.edu or https://www.wlu.edu/job-seekers/staff-and-administrative-positions/application-instructions-for-new-external-applicants/
Current W&L Employees: Apply from your existing Workday account. Instructions are located at http://jobs.wlu.edu or https://wlu.app.box.com/s/8um2ifwvgl035vny4gy834phc6gkvw2c
Work Schedule: M-F, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm with occasional nights and weekend hours required. Frequent travel will be required.
Exempt, Full Time, Benefit Eligible
$83,234.14 - Pay Commensurate with Experience
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert