Self-Realization Fellowship, the non-profit Yoga organization
founded by Paramahansa Yogananda (Autobiography of a
Yogi), is seeking an energetic, self-starting key professional
to help build out and manage the operational infrastructure needed
to support a rapidly growing fundraising department. The
Operations Manager will work with monastics, employees, and
volunteers in a variety of capacities to ensure a harmonious and
efficient operational interface between the department and other
areas of the organization.
This is a remote, full-time position. Preference will
be given to candidates within commuting distance of the SRF
International Headquarters in Los Angeles or the SRF Bay Area
Temple in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- The Operations Manager will help hire, train, and review the
work of other staff in the department.
- This person will also train, supervise, and review the work of
- In coordination with the Department leadership, oversees
financial reporting, database management, and various
administrative functions related to ensuring the use of accurate,
comprehensive data to enhance SRFs fundraising and donor engagement
- Responsible for assisting in the development and implementation
of policies, procedures, and best practices that enhance the
delivery of a high level of donor care and services.
- Ensures the efficient and accurate administration of gift
receipting, processing, reporting, and analysis. Works with other
departments to maintain data harmony across multiple
- Works closely with Department leadership to provide fundraising
projections and strategies for individual, corporate, and
foundation giving related to key campaigns and
- Responsible for building data insight strategies that: provide
profiles of prospective donors; gather important impact related
data; and identify trends and patterns for future fundraising
- Oversees the Department’s use of Microsoft Dynamics CRM;
monitors/reconciles data from multiple SRF revenue sources;
produces reports and dashboards for tracking key performance
indicators (KPIs); and collaborates with Digital Services and
Membership Services to ensure accurate records.
- Provides regularly scheduled reports and updates for SRF
leadership on revenue performance, highlighting key trends,
variances, and action plans.
- Oversees Department’s efficient use of project management and
filing system tools, including providing staff training and
implementing improvements in the systems over time.
- Helps to hire staff and oversees onboarding and
- Responsible to follow SRF’s policies and established
- Commitment to SRF’s mission and core values.
- Other position-related tasks, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in field is
- Three to five years’ progressively responsible work experience
in fundraising/development operations
- Relevant experience in a nonprofit, multicultural and/or global
- Excellent written, interpersonal, customer-service, and
- Ability to interact with SRF leadership, team members, donors,
and volunteers at a variety of levels with integrity and
- Must show initiative, self-motivation, and attention to detail
with the ability to manage and follow through on multiple projects
with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational needs quickly and
- Must be highly resourceful and work collaboratively in a strong
team environment in a virtual office setting while also working
- Proficient and nimble in the use of a variety of software
applications like the Microsoft Office suite of products (Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams, Outlook, Dynamics, etc.) as
well as database and project management software is
- Uses discretionary initiative and judgment in handling
sensitive & confidential details, establishing priorities and
resolving problems relating to daily operations &
- This position is remote. However, preference will be given to
candidates within commuting distance of the SRF International
Headquarters in LA or the SRF Bay Area Temple in the SF Bay
- Able to work a flexible schedule based on workload and
- Satisfactory completion of organization’s background
- Must sign an employee confidentiality agreement.
- Resume and cover letter are required for full
- Required Travel: 0 – 20%.
We offer a competitive benefits package that features a variety
of insurance coverage choices including group medical, dental, life
insurance, a retirement plan and much more. We also provide
paid sick, vacation and holiday time.
The applicant selected for this position must provide
documentation of legal authorization to work in the United
If your experience and qualifications match those listed above,
we would be interested in hearing from you.
Please e-mail your cover letter, resume and salary requirements
to be considered for this position.
Applications will be accepted through June
30. No phone calls please.