ABOUT ONE HUNDRED MILES
Founded in 2013, One Hundred Miles (OHM) is dedicated to
protecting and preserving Georgia's 100-mile coast through
advocacy, education, and civic engagement. Georgia's coast is an
unparalleled natural environment and home to some of the most
diverse ecosystems on the planet. However, our coast faces complex
challenges including climate change, overdevelopment, environmental
injustice, and critically threatened wildlife. With our advocacy
network of more than 20,000 friends and partners, OHM is the only
organization dedicated to combatting the multiple threats to the
entire 100-mile coast and promoting the importance of its robust
wildlife, vast landscapes, and vibrant communities. OHM is a
trusted resource and conservation leader across our coast, state,
ABOUT THE POSITION
One Hundred Miles (OHM) is seeking an enthusiastic and highly
skilled individual to join our team as the Development Events
Manager who will provide leadership in managing OHM’s special
events that grow revenue and develop our audiences. Bringing
creativity, organizational skills, and vision, the Development
Events Manager will organize and manage a new fundraising event to
be hosted in coastal Georgia. This position will coordinate and
manage OHM’s Salt Marsh Table dinner series and other fundraising
events as well. The Development Events Manager’s responsibilities
will include organizing and managing all aspects of the events,
including developing project plans and achieving revenue goals.
The Development Events Manager will also coordinate and manage
cultivation and stewardship events in markets across coastal
Georgia and the state. These events (e.g., birding, kayaking, open
houses, coffees, cocktail parties, dinners, etc.) will contribute
to increasing overall support of the organization by connecting
current and prospective supporters with our work and promoting
OHM’s membership, advocacy, and education opportunities.
Additionally, the Development Events Manager will develop
partnerships and support from businesses across coastal Georgia.
This includes securing sponsorships for OHM events and programs,
developing retail partnerships, and securing in-kind support.
The Development Events Manager will serve on the Development
team and work closely with the VP of Philanthropy and Development
Coordinator. This full-time position is based along Georgia’s
coast, with the flexibility to work out of OHM’s Brunswick or
Savannah office. This position requires frequent travel for
fundraising events and work-related activities. The ideal candidate
must appreciate the uniqueness of Georgia's coastal environment,
communities, and cultures.
- Develop and manage all aspects of a new fundraising event that
generates new funding and growth, amplifies OHM branding, and taps
into new audiences.
- Plan and manage Salt Marsh Table dinner series.
- Plan and manage monthly events that steward and cultivate
relationships for various OHM audiences: major donors, members, and
new donor prospects.
- Help create and organize a signature cultivation event for
OHM’s Spartina Society.
- Organize and manage all logistics for events, including project
- Work directly with third-party contractors/vendors (venue,
caterer, printer, etc.)
- Develop marketing and communications for events (invitations,
social media, letters, email, website).
- Maintain a calendar of all event activities and deadlines.
- Recruit and manage volunteers to support events and to serve as
event hosts or on committees.
- Create and manage revenue/expense budgets for special
- Conduct networking and outreach in support of special
- Generate timely and accurate reports, including regular donor
reports that track trends and growth in connection with development
- Achieve revenue goals for events.
- Secure sponsorship for OHM signature events and programs.
- Grow business support via in-kind, % sales, members nights, and
- Participate in Development meetings and strategy.
- Participate in OHM staff meetings and strategy.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three years of event, development, nonprofit, or related
- Knowledge of fundraising and special event processes
- “Can-do” attitude
- Exceptional organizational abilities and multi-tasking
- Excellent time management
- Experience with database systems (Salesforce considered a
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in Word, Excel,
Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to collaborate and be a team player
- Superior attention to detail
- Proven communication skills, both oral and written
- Customer service skills
- Ability to travel regularly (30% to 40% of the time)
- Knowledge of the Georgia coast and/or environmental sector
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter
(one combined PDF file is preferred) describing their
qualifications and interest in the position to HR@onehundredmiles.org. Please
include “Development Events Manager” in the email subject line.
Submissions must have a cover letter to be considered. Candidate
review begins immediately and we hope to have the position filled
by September. Due to the volume of applicants, only those who best
match the position's needs will be contacted.
One Hundred Miles offers a competitive salary based on
experience and a comprehensive benefits package. One Hundred Miles
is an equal-opportunity employer.