Be a part of something revolutionary at the Jamestown-Yorktown
Foundation! The Director of Major Gifts is a front-line development
professional responsible for raising private funds and works to
attain major/restricted fundraising goals. Position manages a
portfolio of prospects capable of making major gifts of $25,000 or
more for annual, capital, endowment or special projects. Under the
direction of the Chief Development Officer, the Director of Major
Gifts works with the Director of Principal Gifts, Annual Fund
Director, Foundation senior staff, the Executive Director, the
Board of Directors and Board of Trustees, and volunteers to secure
gifts for the Foundation.
What are the qualifications for this
• Five years experience in fundraising with a demonstrated track
record of success in face-to-face solicitations.
• Successful experience managing positive, rewarding relationships
with donors and identifying new prospects.
• Ability to track and report on progress using Raiser’s Edge NXT
or similar fundraising database.
• Knowledge of planned giving vehicles, concepts, and
• Ability to meet annual assigned performance metrics for gift
officer activity and fundraising results.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and superb
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent combined
education and experience, preferred. CFRE Certification a plus.
Other benefits include:
• State health benefits & flexible spending accounts.
• Paid leave including sick leave, personal leave, annu-al leave
accruals, and 12 holidays.
• Professional development opportunities.
• Retirement savings plans with limited employer match available
• Life & Long-Term care insurance.
• Employee Assistance Program.
• Employee discounts for companies including Verizon, Enterprise,
Choice Hotels, and many more!
How do I apply?
Please submit an application either online at-
www.jobs.virginia.gov or by contacting Human Resources at
firstname.lastname@example.org for additional application options. Applicants
only will be screened based on what is presented in the
Commonwealth of Virginia employment application and related
documents. We are committed to providing equal employment
opportunities for all persons and applicants, without regard to
age, color, disability, gender, national origin, political
affiliation, genetic information, race, religion, sexual
orientation, sex (including pregnancy) or veteran status. JYF
encourages and invites minorities, women, individuals with
disabilities and veterans to apply. We also consider all qualified
applicants regardless of criminal histories, in a manner consistent
with legal requirements.