Reporting to the Executive Director, the Fundraiser / Grant
Writer is responsible for timely creation and submission of grant
applications, appeals, and reports. Experience with social
media and graphic design highly preferred.
- Collaboration on annual fundraising campaigns, foundation
appeals, and individual gift proposals and reports
- Conducting prospect research to identify new sources of
- Managing relationships and communications in person, online,
and through social media.
In addition, the Fundraiser / Grant
- Drafts, writes, edits, and proofreads much of the
organization’s written materials, including stewardship documents,
annual appeals, individual and foundation proposals, donor reports,
acknowledgments and other correspondence, annual reports, and
- Works with the Executive Director to cultivate, foster, and
maintain positive donor relations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of three years nonprofit development/grantwriting
- Ability to adapt to changing technologies, including working
with a nonprofit fundraising database - Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, and the
ability to develop compelling content suitable for print, web, and
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel,
Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to effectively
deal with all levels within the organization, including the
Executive Director, members of the Board, the Country Director, as
well as donors, prospects, other members of the office staff, and
- Ability to multi-task and work independently, in a team
environment with multiple priorities and deadlines.
Compensation commensurate with experience - $25 - $35 per
Send resume and cover letter to:
Haitian Health Foundation
97 Sherman Street
Norwich, CT 06360