Regional Liaison serves as the primary point of
contact for ALSAC’s foundation partners throughout Asia Pacific.
Provides strategic guidance and direction to improve the
foundations operating performance and ability to provide
sustainable resources to the medical facility it supports. Manages
responsibilities integral to the development and implementation of
ALSAC's global expansion. Lead relationship manager for
international, hospital foundation partners and consortia, helping
to strengthen the fundraising and organizational capacity of our
international partners. Requires cross-divisional collaboration
throughout the organization to identify and execute foundation
strategies in country. Duties include measurable strategic
planning, implementing tactics, executing programs, managing
relationships at various levels within a company, and expanding
marketing and fundraising efforts while maximizing the funds and
awareness raised for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Essential Job Functions
1. Lead staff responsible for the design
and execution of all Asia Pacific foundation summits.
2. Represents ALSAC in participation at St Jude Global
regional Asia Pacific meetings.
3. Meets and coordinates with St Jude Global Middle
Asia Pacific leader monthly to discuss foundation updates, any new
SJG clinical programs/affiliations, assessment progress, etc.
4. Leads monthly operations update with Asia Pacific
affiliated foundations and communicates results, needs and progress
on projects to the ALSAC Global senior leadership team.
5. Plans and executes follow up for each Asia Pacific
foundation assessment as well as participates in any workshops
(board governance, strategic planning, succession planning, etc).
Manages logistics for all travel, workshops and events.
6. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of facts relating to
the mission, research and patient care of St. Jude.
7. Corresponds in English and a second language spoken
in the region as appropriate for projects.
8. Plans and executes assessment site visits for Asia
Pacific region and evaluates new foundation opportunities in
conjunction with the St Jude Global expansion plan.
Effectively communicate all assessment results and strategic
growth plans with ALSAC senior management.
9. Key point of contact for all communication with
Asia Pacific foundations, including crisis management, ALSAC
management trips, requests of information, joint fund raising
events, and international donors.
10. Represents ALSAC/St. Jude at professional or
public events related to international foundations; traveling both
domestic and international. Assists leadership as necessary in
educating and developing fundraising curriculum for St Jude Global
partner-site staff, Global visiting fellows, and other
international visitors regarding ALSAC and its fundraising methods.
Works with the leadership on global plan for existing country
relationships. Completes and reviews daily activity reports,
monthly reports, travel expense reports, visit reports, accounting
forms, and progress reports, as required.
11. Maintains effective communication with the
International Development team, senior management, national office
staff, and other regional staff. Requires use of a personal
12. Follows ALSAC policies and procedures. Works
within approved budget and expense guidelines.
• Requires demonstrated skill in
working within a complex environment at senior levels with strong
capabilities in planning, organization, and management.
• Requires a thorough knowledge of fund raising,
operations, marketing and public relations, very strong
communication and interpersonal skills; and public speaking
• Requires flexibility in travel and work
locations on an international basis on weekends and evenings when
• Requires strong interpersonal and telephone
skills and desire to build successful relationships with affiliated
foundations of St. Jude.
• Requires ability to work collaboratively with
internal and external partners; working knowledge of data
processing applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access) and Web
browsers and navigation (Microsoft Internet Explorer); knowledge
ordinarily acquired through a Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years of
operations, sales, marketing, fundraising or related experience
including international foundation experience.
• Must possess excellent written and verbal
communication skills, ability to manage budgets. English and a
second language spoken in the region required.
• Requires substantial work experience in Asia