The Director of Leadership and Planned Gifts will serve in a
high-impact position critical to the successful execution of Lewis
Ginter Botanical Garden’s mission. The Director of Leadership and
Planned Gifts will design and build a robust Planned Gift model
incorporating marketing strategies and stewardship to grow planned
gifts to Lewis Ginter. As part of the Advancement fundraising team,
they will work closely with the Chief Advancement Officer to secure
funding for both the annual operating budget and the THRIVE Capital
Campaign. They will develop personalized cultivation,
engagement, fundraising and stewardship plans for donors of
$25,000+ and will be responsible for securing major gifts to the
Garden (outright and deferred) from individuals.
- Persuasively present the Garden’s mission and goals as outlined
in the Strategic Plan by working independently and creatively to
match donor interests with Garden
- Develop and execute a robust program planned giving program for
- Grow our Grace Arents Society membership by securing planned
gifts to Lewis Ginter.
- Steward the members of the Grace Arents Society.
- Build and manage a portfolio of approximately 150 prospects
including the qualification, cultivation, solicitation and
stewardship of gifts ranging from $25,000 to $1M, with written
engagement and focused solicitation strategies for the core 75
constituents in the portfolio.
- Using a Moves Management platform, continually monitor the
portfolio to ensure healthy segments in all
- Work closely with the Chief Advancement Officer to maximize
outright donations to the THRVE capital campaign, as well as
blended gifts to THRIVE.
- Work closely with the Associate Director of Advancement to
prepare blended major, planned gift and annual fund
- Actively engage in the greater Richmond Community to identify
new prospects and expand the Garden’s donor community while
continually building the
- Work to develop natural partners across the Garden to
strengthen donor ties to the
- Prepare briefings, stewardship plans and other correspondence
for prospects and donors, collaborating as necessary with the CEO,
CAO, Associate Director of Advancement and other Garden Directors
- Conduct prospect research to help inform the identification and
- Create donor contact reports in our Raiser’s Edge