The East Texas Catholic Foundation was established by the
Diocese of Tyler in order to help individuals and families leave a
legacy through planned giving, endowed funds, and gifts.
Are you an experienced fundraising professional looking for a
rewarding career with a mission driven company culture? If you are
seeking a career that creates the opportunity to combine your
knowledge of the Catholic Faith with your professional skills, we
invite you to apply for our Executive Director position at East
Texas Catholic Foundation. This full-time position is for immediate
hire in Tyler, TX.
The mission of the East Texas Catholic Foundation is
to help donors make a lasting impact on the spiritual,
educational, and charitable works of the Diocese of Tyler to
serve the future of the Catholic Church in East Texas through the
grace of stewardship.
The East Texas Catholic Foundation is an independent, non-profit
501(c)(3) foundation governed by a board of trustees who oversee
the permanent funds and endowments of the Catholic causes you
care most about while faithfully stewarding the intent of your
Managed by a board of clergy and lay leaders in our community,
the Foundation serves the parishes, Catholic schools, agencies, and
ministries within the 33 East Texas counties of the Diocese of
POSITION SUMMARY: The Executive Director is
responsible for the overall management and growth of the East Texas
Catholic Foundation in fulfilling its critical mission of
sustaining the local church for future generations through a
planned giving, marketing, and development effort.
The East Texas Catholic Foundation seeks a motivated, dynamic
leader skilled in driving organizational success and growth.
Reporting to the Board of Trustees, the Executive Director will
plan and execute the organization’s strategy to rapidly grow assets
(corpus) under management.
Education and Experience
- Four year BA, BS or BBA degree from an accredited
college/university is required.
- A minimum of three years of direct fundraising experience with
demonstrated success within non-profit sectors; foundation
- Two years of direct C-level interaction and experience working
with a board of directors.
- Proven experience executing organization growth including
strong personal sales and development results, and leading a
similar or larger size organization.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, able to navigate donor
database systems – knowledge of Foundant Software is a plus.
Candidates may emerge from non-profit, foundation, government,
or industry backgrounds and should possess the following:
- Character of the highest level consistent with the values of
the Catholic Faith.
- Knowledge of and strong commitment to the Catholic Church.
- Capable of working with a diverse Catholic community and the
extensive charitable work associated with the Diocese of
- Strong business acumen and a history of visionary leadership at
the executive level.
- Detail familiarity with accounting, marketing, public
relations, and human resources.
- Excellent written, oral, and public speaking skills.
- Excellent time and organizational management skills.
Development and Fundraising
- Lead revenue growth through personal development efforts with
- Drive development and fundraising in collaboration with Diocese
of Tyler Development Officer.
- Manage annual fund raiser to create additional funds to support
External Relations and Communications
- Represent the organization and serve as chief spokesperson at
public events, conferences, masses, parish finance councils, and a
host of other organizational meetings.
- Promote the organization and its mission publicly in a
consistently positive, professional manner that builds interest in
- Cultivate, develop, and maintain excellent relationships with
clergy, ministries, and parishes throughout the Diocese of
- Manage all aspects of the organization’s marketing and public
Executive Leadership and Organizational
- Provide executive leadership that is transparent and empowering
in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as
defined by the Board of Trustees.
- Present strategic options and plans for organization impact and
gain Board approval as needed to carry out the mission of the
- Perform general management duties overseeing the day-to-day
operations of the organization that positions it for long term
- Apply innovative thinking and performance measurements to
analyze and support strategic decision-making
- Manage and motivate the Foundation team overseeing processes
such as hiring, separation, staff development, performance
management, and compensation and benefits
- Inspire a business-oriented professional, positive,
results-driven environment across the organization that encourages
- Work closely and openly with the Board and its committees,
ensuring ongoing communications of risks, issues, and successes by
providing reports and updates on current work, project timelines,
and project and organizational progress.
- Implement all Board approved policies and procedures and build
support for Board decisions amongst team members
Financial Management and Administration
- Provide strategic leadership and oversight of all
administrative and operational functions of the organization in
accordance with the mission, objectives, and policies.
- Prudently direct resources and manage all financials within the
- Assume fiscal responsibility for the fiscal integrity of the
- Ensure the organization’s financial stability and
sustainability by maintaining healthy cash flow and adequate
- Work closely with third party accounting firm on a constant
basis and provide monthly financials that include Income Statement,
Balance Sheet, endowment reports, and other documents asked for by
- Prepare and present all necessary information for each board
and committee meeting.
The Executive Director position offers a competitive salary
commensurate with experience and education level, paid leave time,
and a benefits package including medical, dental, and vision
insurance, short and long term disability insurance, 403(b)
retirement plan, and life insurance.
How to Apply: Qualified applicants are
encouraged to furnish a letter of intent and resume. The letter of
intent should be no longer than one page and address how your
experience relates to the opportunity and describe key successes in
the areas of development, building relationships and fund
Please email the materials to email@example.com.