POSITION TITLE: Assistant Regional
REPORTS TO: Regional Director
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Class/Grade: Grade E, Exempt,
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
ADL is the leading anti-hate organization in the world. Founded
in 1913, its timeless mission is “to stop the defamation of the
Jewish people and to secure justice and fair treatment to all.”
Today, ADL continues to fight all forms of antisemitism and bias,
using innovation and partnerships to drive impact. A global leader
in combating antisemitism, countering extremism and battling
bigotry wherever and whenever it happens, ADL works to protect
democracy and ensure a just and inclusive society for all.
Implement assigned ADL programs in the region which may include
some or all of the following: investigative research, inter-faith
and multi-cultural outreach, law enforcement training, civil
rights, discrimination complaint responses, Jewish Institutional
security training, leadership development, public relations, events
planning, social media and fund-raising. Provide staff
support to assigned committee/s. May assist the Regional
Director with office operations.
- Receive and conduct initial investigation of complaints of
discrimination, anti-Semitic incidents and other civil rights
issues. Conduct routine fact-finding research, using
established contacts and developing sources as appropriate.
Resolve complaints or refer to senior staff as necessary.
Maintain required records.
- Provide high level support to Regional Office, including
program and event support, database management, administrative
processing, scheduling and communications.
- Working with various members of the regional team, coordinate
the timely processing of check requests, contracts, donation
transmittals and other administrative needs.
- Provide support in creating and posting digital media content,
including but not limited to: Regional social media accounts, web
pages, e-newsletters, and other platforms as needed.
- Coordinate and provide project management support for events,
including registration management and on-site assistance. Provide
technological support for events as needed.
- Maintain Regional databases and contact lists to ensure that
they are up to date and accurate. Assist with maintenance and
accuracy of Regional information in National databases (Enterprise
- Schedule and provide support for ongoing meetings, including
Regional Board Meetings and committee meetings.
- May serve as a liaison between the Regional Office and the
National Office on matters of technology and administrative
- Track and order office supplies, process invoices and serve as
primary interface with vendors.
- Provide staff support to lay-led committees as assigned.
Assist with related program and event planning. Coordinate
speakers and logistics for related conferences.
- May manage, maintain, and regularly update the Regional website
and other social media.
- Develop community relationships and network with other
community groups to facilitate effective community action.
- Portfolio of community coalitions and young leadership
- Respond to inquiries from members of the public,
demonstrating a working knowledge of ADL’s policies and positions
and relevant local, national and world events, and assist Regional
Director to respond to inquiries from the press. Read,
monitor and respond to media reports and opinion articles.
May write and/or edit a regional newsletter or prepare Insider
- Maintain contacts with the staff of state legislators, local
legislators and relevant government officials to promote the
mission of ADL.
- Assist in the smooth-functioning of the office
- Undertake ad hoc research projects and provide special events
assistance as required by the Regional Director.
- May participate in fundraising events, cultivate potential
donors and assist in maintaining donor relationships.
- May schedule appointments, speaking engagements and coordinate
meetings. Coordinate conference calls. Make travel
arrangements as required.
- May provide administrative support to special events, board
retreats and coordinate regular board meetings. Undertake all
necessary details of event logistics; reserve location, negotiate
contracts, plan menus, arrange set up, mail invitations and monitor
- May manage regional office budget expenses. Process check
requests. Prepare and follow up on invoices and billing of
outside vendors and consultants. Establish and maintain
financial databases as appropriate. Assist Regional Director
with budget preparation as needed.
- May maintain supplies of ADL literature and respond to requests
- Strong administrative, organizational and interpersonal
- Proven ability to work with and influence a wide variety of
- Proven diplomatic and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Enjoys working in a team environment.
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft Office (i.e. Word,
Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Two to four years of progressively responsible human relations
or community service experience including some program management
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends when necessary to
represent ADL and to attend community events. Some travel
within the region.
- ADL COVID-19 Protocol (updated
periodically): ADL is adhering to public
health guidance regarding COVID-19. ADL will require that all
employees are vaccinated with exceptions for medical and religious
accommodations. ADL is requiring proof of vaccination. ADL is a
hybrid environment; this role may require 3 days in the
- This position has a salary range of $43,000 to $60,000. This
salary range is reflective of a position based in Las Vegas,
Nevada. Please note that actual salaries are commensurate with
experience and reflect the budget for a given position, and since
ADL has a location-based compensation structure, there may be a
different range for candidates in other locations. For an overview
of our total rewards package, please visit https://www.adl.org/about/careers.
ADL values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages
women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with
disabilities, members of underrepresented ethnic groups,
foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. ADL is an equal
opportunity employer. Recruitment, hiring, promotions and other
terms, conditions and privileges of employment shall be maintained
in a manner which does not discriminate on the basis of age, race,
creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability,
veteran status, or military status, or in violation of any
applicable Federal, state or local
ADL will ensure that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. For individuals with disabilities who would like to
request an accommodation to support the interview process, please
contact Talent & Knowledge at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ADL will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable State,
Local, and Federal laws.
The information in this job description indicates the
general nature and level of work expected of employees in this
classification. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted
as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities,
qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to
this job, nor is it to be interpreted as a contract for