POSITION TITLE: Associate Development
REPORTS TO:Development Director
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
LOCATION: Miami, Florida
Grade/Class: Grade F, Exempt,
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
ADL is the leading anti-hate organization in the world. Founded
in 1913, its timeless mission is “to stop the defamation of the
Jewish people and to secure justice and fair treatment to all.”
Today, ADL continues to fight all forms of antisemitism and bias,
using innovation and partnerships to drive impact. A global leader
in combating antisemitism, countering extremism and battling
bigotry wherever and whenever it happens, ADL works to protect
democracy and ensure a just and inclusive society for all.
This passionate and enthusiastic fundraiser will manage a
personal portfolio of donors and prospects. They will identify and
cultivate donors and implement targeted solicitation strategies
designed to increase the donor base and close gifts. This
individual will collaborate closely to develop and execute targeted
major gifts and donor/community cultivation events to achieve
defined regional goals.
- Assist the Director of Development in setting fundraising
priorities and meeting financial goals.
- Identifies, qualifies, cultivates, and solicits funding from
individuals, corporations, and foundations in accordance with ADL’s
Operating Plan and funding priorities in consultation with the
Director of Development. This includes researching and outreach to
potential and current donors with the purpose of building out and
managing a portfolio.
- Actively builds and manages a portfolio of 100+ individual,
foundation and corporate donors and prospects, to include some
donors with the capacity to make gifts of $10k or above.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive cultivation and
stewardship plan, building relationships with donors via phone
calls, personalized email communications, ongoing written contact,
and in-person or virtual visits. Some travel will be required for
donor meetings and events.
- Ensures all donor/prospect activities and communications are
recorded in the CRM database in accordance with department policies
and procedures including mailing lists, registration lists, and
- Oversees coordination of donor cultivation and
community-building event logistics as deemed integral to the
Region’s overall fundraising strategy in partnership with
divisional and regional teams
- Contributes to development-related functions such as marketing
- Cultivate and maintain community relationships and community
outreach when appropriate.
- Contribute to regional management by participating in overall
regional office administration and operations.
- Serves as an effective and enthusiastic ADL spokesperson and
- Maintains an active, current body of knowledge of ADL and its
mission, programs, activities, institutional needs, and fundraising
- Assists the Director of Development in special assignments to
ensure long-term donor engagement and retention; and supports the
successful completion of annual campaigns.
- Participate in special assignments or projects to assist the
Regional Director of Development or as representative at the
- Participate in development-related functions such as marketing,
design/preparation of print materials, and prospect research based
on individual skills and office needs.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; ability to
communicate concepts simply, clearly, and effectively, both in
writing and conversation; superior attention to detail; exceptional
- Display a positive attitude and good humor. Show good judgment,
common sense, and excellent listening skills; committed to
transparency, accountability, and direct communication.
- The ability to anticipate and be responsive to multiple
stakeholders' needs, including individual donors and prospects,
corporate and foundation donors and prospects, volunteers, and
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to see
projects through to completion while meeting tight
- Familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet, and database
- Must be self-motivated, have initiative and work independently,
and be part of a team.
- Ability to successfully navigate and thrive in a complex
organization. Experience in a national organization with an
affiliate or chapter structure a plus
- Committed to advancing the mission and goals of the
- Five to seven years of community fundraising experience in a
volunteer environment, with a demonstrated record of accomplishment
of soliciting and closing 5 figure gifts
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- ADL COVID-19 Protocol (updated
periodically): ADL is adhering to public
health guidance regarding COVID-19. ADL will require that all
employees are vaccinated with exceptions for medical and religious
accommodations. ADL is requiring proof of vaccination. ADL is a
hybrid environment; this role may require 3 days in the
- This position has a salary range of $50,000 to $71,750. This
salary range is reflective of a position based in Boca Raton,
Florida. Please note that actual salaries are commensurate with
experience and reflect the budget for a given position, and since
ADL has a location-based compensation structure, there may be a
different range for candidates in other locations. For an overview
of our total rewards package, please visit https://www.adl.org/about/careers.
ADL values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages
women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with
disabilities, members of underrepresented ethnic groups,
foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. ADL is an equal
opportunity employer. Recruitment, hiring, promotions and other
terms, conditions and privileges of employment shall be maintained
in a manner which does not discriminate on the basis of age, race,
creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability,
veteran status, or military status, or in violation of any
applicable Federal, state or local
ADL will ensure that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. For individuals with disabilities who would like to
request an accommodation to support the interview process, please
contact Talent & Knowledge at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ADL will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable State,
Local, and Federal laws.
The information in this job description indicates the
general nature and level of work expected of employees in this
classification. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted
as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities,
qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to
this job, nor is it to be interpreted as a contract for