Reporting to the Head of Donor Engagement (“Head”) and serving
as a key member of the Donor Engagement team within the Advancement
department, the Team Lead, Donor Engagement and Events, advances
the mission of Success Academy Charter Schools (SA) by leading
efforts to engage donors and prospective donors, strengthen
relationships, and maximize philanthropic support. This
multifaceted role requires a skilled professional capable of
managing various components of donor events (for
engagement/cultivation, fundraising, and/or stewardship purposes),
from ideation and planning to management and execution, as well as
volunteer engagement, and other special projects.
The Team Lead,
Donor Engagement and Events is a proactive, confident
self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial
environment that values results. They are persistent and driven to
succeed in advancing efforts to expand
and retain a robust, engaged community of individual donors that
enable SA to meet or exceed its ambitious goals to reinvent public
education. Success in this role will require the following
• Self-motivated, self-sufficient, and driven to lead and
collaborate with others to achieve success.
• Detail-oriented and analytical;
• Proactive, and forward thinking;
• Persuasive, outgoing, and confident with exceptional
• Possesses the highest standards of personal and professional
• Adheres to and promotes SA’s mission, culture, and strategic
Event Management (60%)
Under the direction of the Head, Donor Engagement, the Team Lead
has primary responsibility for event operations for all in-person
and virtual Advancement Events,including fundraising events (e.g.,
galas, dinners), as well as cultivation and stewardship events,
including but not limited to the following essential functions:
● Liaises with and manages vendors, consultants, speakers, talent,
host(s), caterers, and transportation.
● Works with Development Team, Marketing, Communications, Creative
Donor Engagement colleagues, and others to develop and execute
segmentation plans, list development, invitation design and related
program and other collateral materials, marketing
calendar/schedule, pre- and
post-event communications, social media promotion,
options, tracking of RSVPs (and their guests) and payments,
manages/oversees preparation of bios/briefings.
● Partners with Advancement leadership to develop and smoothly
run-of-show for all events, including executive leadership
support, scripts, seating plan, on-site staffing, volunteer plan,
of same, as appropriate, to achieve event objectives and facilitate
experience for donors and guests.
Serves as lead event planner/manager for Advancement team in
executing cultivation and stewardship events that support the
revenue goals and
engagement objectives of major gifts and foundation
● Supports efforts to make all fundraising events diverse and
liaising with Comms teams, Marketing, and Executive leadership
content, speakers, entertainment, and guests.
Special Projects & Administration (30%)
● Works closely with Head and CAO to monitor revenues and
expenses relative to
event budget targets. Provides regular and timely reporting of same
● Inputs, tracks, and manages event-related and associated donor
Raiser’s Edge. Helps Individual Giving team maintain accurate donor
records and reports using Raiser’s Edge and provides post-event
measure event success.
● Collaborates with cross-functional teams to ensure successful
event activities with broader organizational goals and
● Collaborates with Donor Engagement and Advancement leaders to
and ideate creative event concepts, themes, and experiences that
donors and align with Success Academy's mission and brand.
● Works with the Lead, Donor Engagement on event programs that
fundraising goals, donor engagement targets, and the organization's
● Utilizes data-driven insights from Raiser’s Edge and industry
best practices to
guide decision-making and optimize the effectiveness of donor
● Conducts analysis of donor event performance, including
engagement, and return on investment (ROI), to identify areas for
and inform future event strategies.
● Supports the Head and the Advancement leadership team with
contribute to the department’s overall goals and performs other
Team Management (10%)
This role will supervise at least one other employee, and is
● Create an inclusive team where feedback is freely shared, and
● Lead the co-creation of goals and expectations for the
● Give and solicit feedback from reports and peers regularly as
both part of formal
processes and informal day to day.
● Actively coach and develop your team. Play an active role in the
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND OCCASIONAL
● Other duties as may be assigned from time to time. Occasional
evening and weekend work required to meet critical
1. Education (Minimum Needed and Type of Degree
● Minimum Required: Bachelor's degree and experience in a relevant
field (Event Management, Nonprofit
Management, Business Administration, etc.)
2. Work Experience (Minimum Needed):
● Minimum Required: 3-5 years of experience in event planning,
donor relations, or nonprofit fundraising, with a
track record of executing successful donor events at an
organization of comparable size and complexity.
3. Specialized Knowledge Needed for Performance of
● Demonstrated prior success in bespoke customer experience, donor
engagement/stewardship, and/or donor
4. Skills (e.g., Level of Judgment Required, Ability to
Direct, Work Independently, Multi-Task, etc.):
● Proven strategic thinking and analytical skills, capable of
interpreting data to inform event planning and
● Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities to cultivate
relationships with donors, volunteers, and
● Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage
multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
5. Special Skills (Technical or Advanced)
● Strong computer skills, including fluency in Microsoft Office and
● Proficiency in using donor management software and familiarity
with RE NXT or similar CRM systems helpful.
● Experience using event management software.
6. Other (Communication Skills, Mechanical Aptitude, Math
Skills, Learning Skills, or Other Specific Skills
● Superb verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
● Possesses a passion for the mission of SA and engages prospects
with same passion.
● Ability to travel locally, occasionally work after hours and on