PERU STATE COLLEGE FOUNDATION
Director of Development
Under the direction of the Executive Director of the Peru State
College Foundation, the Director of Development has comprehensive
responsibility for the planning, oversight, and execution of all
aspects of fundraising, donor cultivation and stewardship, and
marketing and communications.
The Director of Development is expected to support the overall
mission and vision of Peru State College and the Peru State College
Foundation through inspirational and strategic leadership that
reflects excellent communication, vision, integrity, impeccable
moral character, and commitment to institutional values.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and
Fundraising and Donor Cultivation
- Design and implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy that
is consistent with the mission, vision, and values of Peru State
- Successfully implement all fundraising initiatives and
programs, including Annual Fund, Capital Campaigns, Major Gifts,
Grant Writing, and Planned Giving.
- Work with the Foundation’s Board of Directors and Executive
Director, and with the College President, to identify and build
relationships with potential donors, corporations, and
- Research, write and submit compelling grant proposals using
best practices in grant writing.
- In coordination with the Executive Director, plan and manage
fundraising events (e.g., galas, auctions, golf tournaments),
including securing sponsorships, managing logistics, and recruiting
- Work with the Executive Director and College President to build
strong relationships with current donors through personalized
stewardship, recognition, and regular communication.
- Coordinate/manage donor recognition programs, donor databases,
and stewardship reports.
Marketing and Communications
- Enhance the Foundation’s brand recognition and public
visibility by developing and implementing a marketing and
communications plan for the Foundation, including the creation of
content for the Foundation website, newsletters, social media, and
other communication venues.
- Attend campus and community events that raise the visibility of
Peru State College and provide opportunities for donor
cultivation—and that contribute to a culture of giving among the
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Foundation Board of
Directors in fundraising efforts, including donor cultivation and
- Assure the Board of Directors is well-informed regarding
- Assist Executive Director in planning board meetings and
- Attend regular meetings with key College leaders.
- Manage the Foundation’s development budget and ensure
development activities align with the Foundation’s overall
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Board of Directors
to develop and implement a strategic plan for the Foundation.
- Maintain the Foundation’s fundraising and cultivation records,
keeping all up to date, in collaboration with the Foundation
- Provide regular and timely reports to the Board of
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience in donor development, fund-raising, or higher
- Knowledge of, and an appreciation for, higher education
- Experience with donor software
- Solution-oriented thinker
- Positive, engaging, and optimistic
- Growth mindset and willingness to tackle new tasks
Please submit your letter of interest, resume, and references to
with the subject line: Application – Director of Development or by
mail to Jeffrey Greenwald, Peru State College Foundation, PO Box
10, Peru, NE 68421-0010.
PSC is an equal opportunity institution. PSC does not
discriminate against any student, employee or applicant on the
basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, religion, or age in employment and
education opportunities, including but not limited to admission
decisions. The College has designated an individual to coordinate
the College’s non-discrimination efforts to comply with regulations
implementing Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act,
Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act, Title IX, of the
Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975,
and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. Reports regarding
discrimination or harassment may be directed to the following
Compliance Coordinator. In addition, inquiries regarding
non-discrimination policies and practices may be directed to the
Compliance Coordinator: Ms. Eulanda Cade, Peru State College,
Administration Building, Room 312, PO Box 10, 600 Hoyt Street,
Peru, NE 68421-0010, (402) 872-2230 firstname.lastname@example.org