The Office of Alumni Affairs and Development is seeking a
collaborative and goal-oriented team player who can support alumni
affairs and annual giving work at The Cooper Union, a leading
college in arts, architecture, and engineering undergraduate
education. While The Cooper Union is small, its reputation is
significant and has played an important role through its graduates’
impact on New York City and the world as well as through its
well-respected community outreach programs and its illustrious
Great Hall programming. It is an exciting time to be at Cooper as
it continues to move the needle on returning to full-tuition
scholarships for all undergraduate students. The Office of Alumni
Affairs and Development plays a key role in this effort and is
looking for a strong candidate to join its dynamic team.
• Support the areas of Alumni Affairs and Annual Giving.
• Assist with the organizing, promotion and tracking of events and
• Assist with the production and analysis of fundraising
• Support the management of volunteers by providing contact lists,
sharing communication templates, and following up as needed.
• Support the updating and maintenance of the department’s Giving
• Collaborate with IT and outside vendors in managing and updating
database to ensure best practices are being employed and a highly
functioning and clean database is being maintained.
• Monitor the department’s voicemail and email accounts.
• Support department operations such as scheduling spaces for
alumni affairs and other external partners, monitoring swag
supplies, and submitting and tracking invoices for payment.
• Participate in other departmental initiatives as required.
• Possess excellent written, verbal, organizational and
• Ability to take initiative, work independently, prioritize work,
manage time, and effectively manage multiple projects.
• Ability to be detail-oriented with high accuracy.
• Strong team player
• Reliable and punctual
• Ability to work both in-person and remotely (hybrid work
• Computer proficiency in CRMs, digital marketing systems, and
Microsoft Office as well as ability to quickly learn new
• Familiarity with development strategies
• Availability evenings and weekends
Annual pay - $55,000-$58,000
This is a unionized position.
The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art is
an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Email materials to: email@example.com