Radio Bilingüe (RB) is looking for its next leader – a
Co-Executive Director (Co-ED) – to share responsibility for the
transition and success of RB into its next generation of leadership
and impactful programming and service. This is a full-time position
based in Fresno, California.
Radio Bilingüe is the nation’s leading Latino-controlled
non-commercial radio network and producer of Latino-focused
programming in Spanish, English, Mixteco and Triqui in public
radio. Radio Bilingüe owns and operates 25 FM public radio stations
in California, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas as well as a
national Spanish language news and information service used by more
than 75 affiliates across the U.S.
Radio Bilingüe is employing a new model of executive leadership
as its founding Executive Director, Hugo Morales, transitions out
of the day-to-day management of RB and into a new role in
fundraising. The selected candidate and Hugo Morales will become
Co-Executive Directors for an anticipated period of one year as
determined by the Board. Hugo Morales will mentor the new Co-ED to
assume shared responsibility for setting strategy and vision for
the organization and ensuring its fiscal health and excellent
Over time, the new Co-ED will assume increasing responsibility
for the strategic and operational direction and success of the
organization. This includes maximizing RB’s impact, ensuring
funding for current and future needs, growing and diversifying RB’s
audience and building on RB’s engagement with local, state,
national and international partners.
The ideal candidate will possess a passion for non-commercial,
Latino-controlled independent media and be committed to RB’s
leadership role of serving as a voice to inform and empower Latino
farmworker, immigrant and other underrepresented communities. This
person also will have a strong commitment to social, racial and
economic justice as well as diversity, equity, inclusion and
belonging. They will be a visionary and strategist and possess an
enterprising spirit, serving as an ambassador for RB’s values and
- Directly supervise senior management team that includes
Directors of News, Broadcast/Public Affairs, Business and
- Co-lead long-range visioning and strategic planning in
partnership with the Board of Directors and staff.
- Inspire, motivate and co-lead a team of committed and engaged
professionals to realize RB’s mission, vision and short- and
- Embrace and operationalize a collaborative leadership model
with senior staff, fostering shared decision-making and a sense of
- Engage with managers in process of maximizing seed funds to
develop new or renovated broadcast facilities in Fresno.
- Ensure sufficient organizational resources and support to
achieve goals and outcomes.
- Foster an environment of inclusion and belonging among staff,
volunteers, audience members and partners.
- Recruit and retain diverse, highly qualified staff and
volunteers by providing coaching, growth and leadership
opportunities and support as well as professional development
opportunities for workers.
Community and Public Relations
- Serve as the leading public face and spokesperson for RB.
- Oversee RB’s public image and marketing strategies.
- Identify and cultivate the next generations of RB listeners and
- Cultivate and maintain partnerships with key community, state,
national and international stakeholders and organizations.
Supervise Development Director and participate in
Development Team’s activities, including:
- Developing and maintaining relationships with individual and
- Overseeing the development and implementation of fundraising
goals and strategies for meeting those goals.
- Spearheading major gifts campaign and major fundraising
- Developing and monitoring funding goals to match annual and
future budget needs.
Board of Directors Relations and
- Develop and sustain strong working relationships with RB’s
- Assist in the development of Board policies.
- Engage the Board in strategic operational and financial
- Ensure the Board has the financial, information, administrative
and other support it needs to successfully lead the
- Assist in identifying potential new Board members.
Supervise Business Director and Consulting Accounting
Firm. Engage in related activities, including:
- Overseeing the preparation of annual budgets.
- Regularly monitoring revenues and expenses to ensure needed
funds and prevent any annual deficit.
- Ensuring the maintenance of sound financial practices and
compliance with all federal and state accounting rules and funders
Supervise Business and Broadcast Directors and
participate in activities, including:
- Overseeing the development of and ensuring compliance with
internal policies, including personnel policies.
- Becoming trained in and ensuring compliance with local, state,
and federal laws and regulations, including those related to
broadcasting, communications, public radio, taxes and workplace
- Overseeing the fulfillment of and ensuring compliance with
contracts and agreements.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Five+ years of experience in the non-profit arena at the
- Live in or near Fresno, California
- Commitment to and knowledge of the farmworker, Latino and
immigrant communities and/or other underrepresented
- Commitment to public/community media’s mission and vision
- Be a visionary and strategist and possess an enterprising
- Five+ years of proven fundraising experience and success
- Five+ years of supervisory experience
- Bilingual Spanish and English, with excellent verbal
communication skills in both languages and excellent written skills
- Be open to and embrace a model of being mentored by the current
Executive Director and learning from other senior managers
- Demonstrated collaborative leadership skills
- Excellent project and team management skills
- Excellent internal and external communications skills
The starting salary range for this position is $90,000-$100,000.
This is a regular, full-time position that requires flexible
scheduling for occasional work during weekends or evenings. Our
comprehensive benefits package includes vacation and sick leave;
health, dental, and life insurance; a retirement plan; a supportive
team culture and support for professional development
The physical location of this position is Radio Bilingüe’s
headquarters in Fresno, California. This position requires travel
depending on organizational needs.
TO APPLY: Email resume with cover letter to
ABOUT RADIO BILINGÜE
Radio Bilingüe is the leading Latino-controlled noncommercial
radio network and producer of Latino-focused programming in
Spanish, English, Mixteco and Triqui in the nation’s public radio
system. For more than 40 years, Radio Bilingüe has been serving
Latino and Indigenous farmworkers and other low-wage essential
workers in the U.S. with news and information targeted to their
needs, as well as opportunities for civic engagement.
Radio Bilingüe is an equal opportunity employer that
is committed to ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion in
the workplace. We strongly encourage people from all
backgrounds to apply for our open positions. All qualified
applicants for employment will receive consideration
without regard to an individual’s race, race, religion,
ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, transgender status, age, mental or physical disability,
military or veteran status, marital status, medical condition or
any other characteristics as protected by federal, state
or local laws.