Reporting to the Associate Director of Individual Giving and
working closely with senior leadership, the Major Gifts Manager
(MGM) is responsible for managing and growing MADRE’s Major Donor
program and working collaboratively with the Development and
Communications, Marketing and Information Systems teams to create
and implement strategies that result in greater individual giving
at the major giving level.
- Establish goals, develop activities, and create programming to
maintain and grow MADRE’s Major Donor program.
- Set annual revenue projections for each major donor and develop
and execute plans to manage and grow each relationship, emphasizing
upgrading donors and securing multi-year commitments.
- Steward, solicit and cultivate a portfolio of about 150 major
donors while providing assistance in strategy development to the
Executive Director and
Senior Director of External Affairs with stewardship and
cultivation of additional high-net-worth supporters and
- Prepare strategy and talking points for the major donor
meetings of the Executive Director and Senior Director of External
Affairs and attend meetings when appropriate.
- Analyze revenue progress reports submitted by the Individual
Giving Associate on $5,000+ and multi-year giving; routinely
evaluate and adjust strategy based on progress towards established
- Work closely with Individual Giving Associate on high-level
major donor-centric reports, such as the annual major donor
- Understand MADRE’s mission, goals, and programming to
effectively identify, research, monitor, and engage prospective
- Manage all major donor communications to ensure excellent
stewardship of the major donor portfolio; create and execute
compelling communications, such as renewal letters, program
updates, emails, and proposals for individuals, family foundations,
and donor-advised funds in collaboration with the Institutional
Giving team where necessary.
- With the Individual Giving team, contribute to the ideation and
the execution of donor events, large and small, while playing a key
project management role for events related to the major giving
- In close coordination with the Individual Giving Coordinator,
provide input to direct mail strategy related to major
donor-specific outreach, including editing mailings as appropriate
for major donors and suggesting segmentation.
- Participate in Board Development & Visibility Committee
meetings to help guide and support the Committee’s fundraising
- A Bachelor’s degree and/or advanced degree in a related field
or equivalent years of experience.
- Minimum 5+ years of development/fundraising experience with a
proven track record of closing gifts at the major gift
- Creative and independent strategic thinker with the ability to
proactively develop new ideas, cultivate buy-in with other staff
members, and manage implementation and assessment.
- Superb interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work
effectively and build relationships with internal and external
constituencies, including colleagues, and current and prospective
- Superior written and oral communication skills to express
MADRE’s mission and goals with clarity, passion, and
- Advanced knowledge and experience with computer programs that
support the development team, including Google Suite and donor
database systems (experience using Salesforce
- Strong work ethic, evidence of excellent judgment, attention to
detail, and demonstrable personal integrity.
- Passionate about MADRE’s mission; committed to teamwork and
This role requires eligibility to work in the United States. It
will require occasional in-person meetings at MADRE’s headquarters
in New York City and an in-person all-staff retreat.
The full-time salary is $80,000, please note there is no
flexibility on compensation as our goal is remain equitable with
our starting salaries.. This is a union-represented
We’re proud to offer our employees an exceptional benefits
package that is robust, inclusive, and progressive. Our
comprehensive benefits package, includes but is not limited
- Medical Insurance - Employee and dependent coverage paid
100% by MADRE ● Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Work Options
- Generous Leave Policies (incl. Vacation, Sick, Holiday
Leave, and Parental Leave)
Please apply and submit your resume and cover letter
email@example.com. Applicants are encouraged to submit
their materials by September 22, 2023. Submissions
are reviewed on a rolling basis until the search is
MADRE is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, committed to
fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity,
equity, and inclusion.
Black, Indigenous, People of Color, recent immigrants, persons
with disabilities, LGBTIQ+ people, and other historically
marginalized people from under-represented backgrounds are highly
encouraged to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and
continue to seek excellence by integrating an intersectional
justice lens into all our recruitment efforts.
Studies have shown that people from historically marginalized
groups are less likely to apply for specific positions unless they
believe they meet every single one of the qualifications listed in
a job description. MADRE values lived experience and are highly
committed to building a diverse and inclusive organization that
centers on intersectional justice. We actively seek to reach
candidates from directly impacted communities.