Reporting to the Development Database Administrator, the
Database Coordinator will be responsible for providing Getty-wide
support using the Raiser’s Edge database to produce accurate
queries, exports, reports, and lists for Getty-wide activities and
outreach. The Database Coordinator will maintain lists related to
activities across Getty, both program-specific and
development-related. This role will work closely with Curatorial
Assistants and External Affairs staff at both the Museum and the
Getty Research Institute (GRI) to gather and process constituent
information. The Database Coordinator is also responsible for
providing assistance, training, or other administrative support to
the department and colleagues in the Getty-wide programs, as
assigned. This position is full-time on-site (negotiable hybrid
schedule) at the Getty Center.
This role works independently with minimal supervision in a very
fast-paced work environment with multiple priorities, excels at
handling multiple tasks, anticipates and proactively resolves
problems, is a team player, and is flexible and adaptable. The
Database Coordinator delivers excellent customer service and works
collaboratively with other support staff and colleagues. Handles
confidential and sensitive work with a high level of discretion,
good judgment, accuracy, and attention to detail.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Supports department and Getty-wide programs with producing
accurate queries, exports, reports, and lists for event invitations
in a timely and systematic manner.
- Maintains invitation lists related to events across Getty, such
as Museum and GRI exhibition receptions, Program and Getty-related
gatherings, events, and other Getty-wide initiatives.
- Works closely with Curatorial Assistants and External Affairs
staff at both the Museum and the GRI to gather and process
constituent information related to upcoming events, openings, and
- Supports Program and Getty-wide events with pre-event
logistics, including invitation list generation and distribution
and ensuring smooth and accurate recording of RSVPs in the Raiser’s
Edge database (RE NXT and Database View and Getty’s Gather
- Maintains Raiser’s Edge donor database information in a manner
that ensures the integrity of the data and maximizes fundraising
success, including updating duplicates, deceased or inactive
constituents, bad addresses, and donor preferences.
- Maintains the flow of data entry to retrieve accurate data
information in reports and lists.
- Assists the Database Services team in applying recovery
procedures and improving the performance of the Raiser’s Edge
- As part of a broader team, reviews and provides feedback on a
variety of correspondence, reports, confidential documents and/or
forms, and related materials for donor, prospective donor, and
other constituent communications.
- High school diploma/GED; Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 4-6 years related experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency with a variety of
computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets,
databases, online systems, internet, presentation programs, as well
as online calendaring and email; prior Raiser's Edge database
experience is required.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the
ability to write professional reports and correspondences.
- Strong work ethic, empathetic disposition, and perseverance; an
optimistic and positive attitude.
- Professional demeanor, strong customer service
- Regularly interacts with peer groups, area supervisors or
managers, and internal/external constituents.
- Ability to remain calm in high-stress situations.